PDA

View Full Version : Stylus backwards

Stoehr
12-03-2004, 03:01 AM
Hello all,
I'm trying out the ZB 1.5 demo, and I'm using my Wacom pad. Is the eraser end of the stylus supposed to add spheres, and the drawing tip remove? I think my stylus is backwards. Has this happened before?

Thanks!

TVeyes
12-03-2004, 03:29 AM
It is not supposed to act like that. I can faintly remember a thread regarding this problem at ZbrushCentral.com but could not locate it. Normally you add a zsphere by left clicking and remove a zsphere by ALT+left clicking.

I have never had this problem. Not in zbrush 1.23b to 2.0. I use an Intuos tablet with the latest drivers under Windows XP.

I have had some strange (non zbrush related) issues with my tablet when I used to swap between two different tablets. Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers was needed then. Maybe that will help?

Hopefully Aurick will see this as I am sure he can remember the issue.

Stoehr
12-03-2004, 07:01 AM
I updated to the newest drivers. but that didn't change anything. Maybe tomorrow will bring better results. :) I should sleep first.

aurick
12-03-2004, 05:15 PM
With ZBrush 2, you set the "main-click" and "option-click" end of the pen yourself. When you first launch ZBrush, whichever end of the pen you touch to the tablet first will be the end that is used as "main-click".

Stoehr
12-03-2004, 10:37 PM
Aurick, does this mean I'm stuck with a backwards stylus for now? lol

Probably better for me not to play with ZB right now. I'll spend too much time with it.

Thanks, though

aurick
12-08-2004, 07:56 AM
Doesn't mean that at all. It happens whenever you start a session. In other words, whenever you launch ZBrush, make sure that you touch the tip of the pen rather than the eraser to the tablet first.

Sometimes it's easy to accidentally touch the eraser end first. That's especially common with tablets that have a built-in pen tray rather than a separate stand.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.