PDA

View Full Version : Animation Demo

nickfredin
12-02-2004, 04:52 PM
hey guys,

This thing is pretty old by now and i haven't had a chance to make a new. A new one is in the makings but for now I will throw this out there. The link is www.nickmation.com (http://www.nickmation.com) I hope to hear from some of you guys. This was my graduation demo.

NF

StuartVarrall
12-03-2004, 04:54 PM
I like the short, it's interesting, funny at times and a nice little story. The audio is great too!

I can't see much wrong with the animation, it all looks nice a fluid and it looks like you've generally got the movements right.
There are however a few times when the fish seem to move without moving their fins which looks unnatural. I think you could have also done more to show off the emotions of the fish too. There's the bit where he sulks off back to his 'home' and could have moved a lot slower and in a more depressed way.

Also the action in the dark is too dark and because everything is moving so quickly its very hard to see what's going on. The compression doesn't really help with this either, and you drawings at the end suffer from this too. They look great, but personally I wouldn't have put them at the end of your low res show reel. It doesn't do them justice.

Was there anything else in particular that you want comments on?

stu

nickfredin
12-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Thanks Stu,

Appreciate the input. Yeah unforunately i didn't have the MPEG-4 compressor so I had to use a worse quality. But that's about it. I realize the expression in the fish is a little lacking which detracts away from the whole things as fish don't have lims to express emotion. But rest assured I am working on a new demo with 2 humanesque characters. Thanks again.

Peace NF

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.