PDA

View Full Version : Steven Spielberg' s War ofthe Worlds official site

RobertoOrtiz
12-02-2004, 04:10 PM
http://www.waroftheworlds.com/
-R

malducin
12-02-2004, 04:30 PM
Excellent, hopefully they'll start adding content soon since they are in accelarated mode for production.

Redz
12-03-2004, 02:12 PM
I hope they keep the design similar to the original for the space ships. I am looking forward to seeing this one.

djwarder
12-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Damn!! :sad: Thought they might just keep the original Victorian theme and make it like the illustrations on the old Jeff Wayne soundtrack, or even make a bit 'steampunk'y? But no. Looks like Independence Day all over again!! Might be good tho, still with a bit of luck.

Living in Surrey, I've been to many of the locations in the book (i.e Horsell Common, Weybridge, Byfleet, etc) and wish that someone would create a film using as many original locations as possible. Although I have heard there is a second War of The Worlds film in production as well, this time with the Victorian version of it. Anyone heard of this?

sporadic
12-03-2004, 04:07 PM
It woul;d be nice to see an 'authentic' version. Or, if Hollywood wants a sequel, there's always League of Extra-Ordinary Gentlemen. That was the story behind Volume II of the comic (and Mars was just as messed up with cross references. Martians and Barsoomians and... yeah!) Of course, Volume I in the comic had a better story too. *sigh*

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.