PDA

View Full Version : ZBrush compatible mesh from illustrator

ailu
12-02-2004, 11:09 AM
how would I go about to make a ZBrush compatible mesh(square polygons) from an adobe illustrator vector path?

I use cinema 4D in addition to ZBrush.

APLevitz
12-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Two options, really.

You can export a bitmap from Illustrator, use that as an Alpha, hit the Make3D button and work with it from there. This won't be a very clean mesh to animate from later, but if you just want to add depth and render, it should work.

Option 2 is to see if C4D allows you to bring in your illustrator file as spline objects to extrude and cap. I'm not terribly familiar with the program, so you might want to ask that in a C4D forum specifically. Likewise, Wings3D costs nothing, so if you can do it in there and export to ZBrush and C4D, you're good to go. (and that's another forum to ask in)

ailu
12-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Thanks a bundle APLevitz,

I originally went the first route and it results in somewhat uneven edges. That is still after upping mres too max and tweaking the alpha settings - dud. :hmm:

The other route im investigating right now. 3Dwings seems like a nice app, if not a bit buggy still on osx. But thats the way to go if you want crisp and clean edges in ZBrush2.. So off to the cinema 4D forum. :lightbulb

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.