PDA

View Full Version : BIIG rotation problem

king21
12-02-2004, 08:29 AM
Or not so big for you experts.

Hi!

The picture will show you all. I have a wrist control which controls whole wrist including rotation. The problem is that whe i select frist control and then select frist joint and rotate in let's say z axis two of them rotate in totaly diferent directions.

I have this problem since ever and now i decided to find it oput, so please help me.

Thx in advance

Pshu
12-02-2004, 09:08 AM
Check the rotation axis of that "first joint"... The Z axis is not matching the Z of the wrist control, it is oriented in a diferent direction, and when u rotate (the rot tool set to local space) they move in different directions. U can use the "Local Rotation Axis" component mode to change the rotation axis of the joint to match the wrist control... Hope that helps... :))

king21
12-02-2004, 12:12 PM
But what if i have rotations of the joints oriented how i wannet adn i want to change the rotation of control object!

Pascaru
12-02-2004, 02:05 PM
ok so u got a "WristCtrl" circle

-group de circle to itself, call if for example "WristCtrlGrp"
-move the pivot of the group to its center.
-freeze transform ..
all of the group's attribute should be at 0 (and all scales at 1)

the original circle (WristCtrl) should also be "freeze transform" .

orient the axis of the circles like you did, so the Z axis is up. (in Maya Y is up, but doesn't matter now)

now when you rotate WristCtrl, the joint should rotate the same way.
(make sure you connected in a way, the joint to the circle)

You don't need to key the WristCtrlGrp, it's just made to go pass this problem.

let me know if you need more help i'll post a screen of the hierarchy you should have.

good luck
P.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.