PDA

View Full Version : camera movement

TheShaddix
12-02-2004, 05:50 AM
Is there a way to attach a camera to a moving object ? im animating a car and i want the camera to be shootin the interior for about 3 seconds, so instead of animating the camera to match the car's movement, i want the camera to be binded with the main null of the car, so when i move the null the camera follows, but then i want the camera to be independent again after im done with the interior shoot. I know how to bind it with the null, but what i cant do is make it independent again. Id appreciate some help.

ALso, how can i make an object follow a curve ? I kno there is a constrain/curve, but i cant figure out how to set it all up. Please, be specific on this one.

fsn
12-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Hi,

i recommend to use a position constraint and animate the blending. when the camera has to follow the car set it to 100% and then back to 0%. this should work :D

fsn

Ablefish
12-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Any reason why you can't create a second camera and constrain/parent it to the car? Then use Ctrl-D in an explorer to duplicate passes and just change the rendering camera.

Constraining to a curve is pretty simple - draw curve, select object and Constrain Path. Then you can animate the Path% to control the position of the object on the path. Add Tangency or Upvector constraints on those tabs. Your object's center will be constrained to the path, though you can offset this of course.

If you are in the Animate Module, there is a Create->Path button. This does exactly the same thing in terms of applying a Path Constraint, but gives you an additional popup window to automatically apply the path% animation.

TheShaddix
12-03-2004, 10:17 AM
fsn and ablefish: thanks a lot for the help. ill just have another camera then (or 10 more). I forgot that i can set the output in the render options for each camera at a time (which im gonna end up having to do anyway, due to huge render times (20 min for the 2 passes (dirtmap and reflection pass)).

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.