PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT: XSI 4.0 installation problems and functionality

Jinian
12-02-2004, 06:20 AM
Whenever I start my Xsi 4.0 I get this error message in the left hand bottom of my screen interface(the most bottom gray bar) where all the text for calculations, loading, render % go to. I get this message " WARN : Missing Open GL extension(ARB_shadow)_realtime shadow...." I was wondering if you know what it is, I've always just ignored it but it could maybe be linked to the recent crashes whenever I render region something. That could maybe even explain why the diffusion shader only works for a short period of time and then Xsi just crashes. Another thing i'd like to mention is during the time I just installed the software. Towards the end of the insallation I got this message, " Errors encountered while initializing the currently configured audio hw(continuing in null hw mode) please verify your hw installation." Once again i just ignored it and just worked with Xsi just as usual.

I'm hoping you know all this and could give me a solution otherwise. Sorry for the barrage of questions, I'm just a student in need of some troubleshooting experience and nearing graduation, which means I need my software to work ASAP. Thanks a lot for your time.

-wT-
12-02-2004, 08:18 AM
The "WARN : Missing Open GL extension(ARB_shadow)_realtime shadow...." message just means that your video card doesn't support the OpenGL feature needed for XSI to cast realtime shadow in the viewports (You can find it in the Display Options -> Realtime shaders OpenGL).
It shouldn't have anything to do with XSI crashing when rendering.

I don't know about the other error message XSI gave you, but the OpenGL -one shouldn't be a problem.

Hope this clears something up

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.