PDA

View Full Version : R9 Bug?

InTheCity
12-02-2004, 03:59 AM
Every now and then in R9, I'll be editing an object and as I go back to the 'move tool' it refuses to move freely on all axis's. Of course I've checked every axis lock and every other apparently obvious setting, it just does this for no know reason.

I can move in every direction with the handles, but that's it.

http://www.project1media.com/cgtalk/weird.avi

InTheCity
12-02-2004, 04:06 AM
I've actually found a way to break out it.

The bug seemed to extend, I couldn't grab any more polygons either for a few seconds. But as I clicked frantically it seemed to allow me to.

Then after returning to the move tool, everything was fine again.

I'll report this to maxon asap.

AdamT
12-02-2004, 04:46 AM
Did you check the X/Y/Z locks (icons) *and* the axis locks? In case you didn't know, in R9 you can double-click on an axis handle and it will constrain the active tool to that axis. You can tell if it's locked because it turns yellow. Release the lock by double clicking anywhere. You can move the lock to another axis by single clicking on the axis arrow.

I find myself inadvertently locking axes fairly often in R9--both the axis and the icons. Not sure why the latter happens; I think I may have a crossed up shortcut somewhere.

InTheCity
12-02-2004, 06:35 AM
That was it. Thanks Adam, it's a cool feature, but I didn't know it existed.

flyingP
12-02-2004, 09:22 AM
That was it. Thanks Adam, it's a cool feature, but I didn't know it existed.

that I believe was my comment too as I first found out what was causing it....drove me nuts for quite some time first though :argh:

JoseMRV
12-02-2004, 09:54 AM
sorry by my poor english, Im from Spain. If you pick at the center of the axis, you would move the object wherever you want, if you select only an axis, then you only can move it along the selected axis.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.