PDA

View Full Version : new XSI book

Nazgul
08-28-2002, 03:46 PM
New very complete XSI book!
http://www.mesmer.com/books/xsicharacter.html

HapZungLam
08-28-2002, 07:46 PM
hey, this is the book i am reading right now.

acidboy
08-29-2002, 05:22 AM
hey HapZungLam, what's it like??

I hear that it's more of a tips book then a tuts book, true?

Either way, is there a lot of good material on how to really push you character modeling\rigging and animation techniques?
Not just the basics for beginners.

Cause I'd get it in a flash if it's got a lot of advanced character techniques. :applause:

eskil
08-29-2002, 11:43 AM
At siggraph I signed up for one of the XSI classes and on every class they had a lottery where they gave out one copy to one of
the participants. I was the only one who showed up for that lass... So I got the book for free and 45 minute private lesson in XSI. Good deal!

This book is thick! It deals whit a lot of stuff and although i have just started reading it i got a good feel about it.

E

HapZungLam
09-02-2002, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by acidboy
hey HapZungLam, what's it like??

I hear that it's more of a tips book then a tuts book, true?

This book is veryvery good for "beginner", even the advanced Character book is good for beginner.

Sometimes, i found that they right too much on words to explain 1 thing. Which drives the reader to sleep!:scream:

What i am look for mostly is want them to explain 1 things in a simpler way, what does the function do, that's it. but most of the time, they explain/treats you like a newbie.

However, for those who don't want to ready the offical manual of XSI. this is a good book to start

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.