PDA

View Full Version : Behavior 2.0 included with advanced... so how do I get SPM to allow me to use it?

Foot
12-02-2004, 12:44 AM
First off, I have an academic license for XSI 4.0, have installed the 4.2 update which is running just fine and accepting my scenes without a problem so far. Now I am wondering about Behaviour, since it is now supposed to be included with the update to advanced. I have downloaded and installed Behavior, but SPM will not allow me to run it and says: "License check for feature 'XSI advanced All32' was denied. SPM error"

I have an updated SPM, and my key installed with the dongle attached. It will not work.

I am wondering if this requires an additional license request form submission in order to activate, but since it is now included with advanced, shouldn't it be able to accept the license already in place for advanced?

wmendez
12-02-2004, 02:18 AM
Academic licenses might need a new license key, contact support(at)softimage.com

pwshih
12-02-2004, 02:58 AM
Foot, how did you download Behavior 2?

I have XSI 4.0 Adv Academic license too, but could not download the Behavior. When I clicked on the download, it asked my "Softimage Customer ID"; after typing in my ID, it said the ID can not access the section. However, I was able to access the 4.2 Adv download with no problem.

Maybe my account is not being set up correctly??:curious:

pwshih

Foot
12-02-2004, 05:33 AM
I could not access Behavior for download until today. Try again tomorrow, and maybe it will work.

Foot
12-02-2004, 03:39 PM
Here is an update for all you academic users. I emailed support about the issue and have just recieved this reply:
"Unfortunately and issue was found in Behavior v2.0 that prevents XSI Advanced Academic licenses to run this product. We are working on an updated version that will be available in the next couple of weeks. You will be advised as soon as it is available. We apologize for the inconveniences."

So they are aware of the issue and are working on fixing it for us students. They don't exclude anyone from this great new update! :)

Ziah
12-02-2004, 07:00 PM
thanx foot

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.