PDA

View Full Version : RoughAppRoach finally done...

Bukow
12-01-2004, 06:37 PM
DOWNLOAD THIS SHORT @ www.filmschool.de/RoughAppRoach (http://www.filmschool.de/RoughAppRoach)

Rough AppRoach is a movie about...

...Cornelius and Bob,two cockroaches that are on a special task force for the nutritial supply of their cockroach population.

As they break into a diner to steal meat, they have an argument about the theological aspects of reincarnation, while heading towards their primary mission goal.
They encounter various difficulties and find solutions to such, without even having to settle their differences.

In the end they get a once in a lifetime opportunity
to find out who’s right.

The RoughAppRoach-Team:

Ole Bukowsky & Tim Reischmann

Max Koriath
(character modeling/texturing, additional story development)

DOWNLOAD THIS SHORT @ www.filmschool.de/RoughAppRoach (http://www.filmschool.de/RoughAppRoach)

http://81.169.169.231/studenten/reischmann_tim/images/screenshot/large/screenshot12.jpg

http://81.169.169.231/studenten/reischmann_tim/images/screenshot/large/screenshot16.jpg

http://81.169.169.231/studenten/reischmann_tim/images/screenshot/large/screenshot08.jpg

http://81.169.169.231/studenten/reischmann_tim/images/screenshot/large/screenshot16.jpg

ChadTHX1138
12-01-2004, 08:31 PM
Links dont work, but nice none the less.

Bukow
12-01-2004, 09:28 PM
sorry, try this one www.filmschool.de/roughapproach (http://www.filmschool.de/roughapproach)

grury
12-01-2004, 09:55 PM
Another cracker from the GFS crew, fantastic stuff guys, well done!
Those characters rock, good story line as well.

jCoops
12-01-2004, 11:42 PM
that was fun. good job on the characters. I thought the dialogue could've been a bit faster, a few silent moments with not much happnin'. Rendering was nice. The animation was good in general but lacked weight in certain shots i.e landing from the rope slide. The purposely put on American accent was maybe a bit distracting. It came off sounding like a strange mix of British/Australian/South African, "dude" and "totally" were the only American sounding words. I would have enjoyed the German language with English subtitles better. Great piece overall. Well done. :)

outoftune
12-02-2004, 12:59 PM
A German language version is already work in progress and will be done soon. I'll put a post here when its done. :banghead:

Propictales
12-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Well done! :thumbsup:

Heaven871
12-03-2004, 09:37 AM
Awesome! Great work you did. Looks like GFS is back for good.
Keep up the fantastic work!
:bounce:

mightyT
12-03-2004, 04:24 PM
not too shabby! :scream: i wanna know what your diploma movie will look like if you keep up the great work?!

ps. post from haasi is on its way!

thOrNes
12-03-2004, 07:04 PM
Difficult to comment I'd say... Happy to see you chose a more subtle stroyline than slapstick comedy I'm used to see with insects or animals in 3D. The acting voices are nice, maybe not defined enough, same for the animation - there's no technical fault, but no real acting intention either. The greatest lack are camera motion and the editing I think. Sorry for that, but they broke the whole film up for me - I had real difficulties to separate both characters and the rendering + lighting didn't really help - very difficult to find some orientation with no light intentions whatsoever. Then, no change of the shot's size. Every shot is alike, and just a little more to the right or to the left - which feels like a false cut in the flow of the dialogue.

zenigeva
12-04-2004, 06:58 AM
hey great work! looks like you guys put a lot of time and effort into this... it shows. very cool look! my only comment would be to perhaps tighten up the pacing a bit.

webhead
12-04-2004, 07:07 PM
The look of the film was very nice: Good texures and nice character design. Reminded me of the grasshoppers in the movie ANTS.
I liked the "Human Detector" device. I didn't really like the conversation that much. I think some of it could have been about their jobs - What exactly their mission was, or more about their daily routine. I wasn't sure why they were venturing where they were. I figured it was for food, but wasn't sure until I read the film description. I think the film should explain their mission through the dialogue.
Not too sure about the gag of them complaining about insects bothering them - not sure how well that comes off.
Love to see another short with these guys that fleshes out their stories a bit more.
Keep pluggin' :buttrock:

TomerEp
12-04-2004, 07:54 PM
awsome work dude:) I really like the concept, animation, sound, bah just everything :)

HenningK
12-05-2004, 07:02 AM
Excellent characters, models, textures and rigging. Average animation and direction and editing though. A few unmotivated motions and, as Thornes says, a few unmotivated camera angles and cuts.
-hen

inv
12-05-2004, 03:46 PM
very nice, great moves nice modeling i really like it the charters are really great and the story is not bad. I enough watching it.:applause:

rmsmedia
12-06-2004, 03:58 PM
:applause: that was awesome! I love it...the idea for the story...the way they talk while nonchelauntly going about their business...awesome really really awesome! The rendering was really nice too...the animation, spotless..

marcowilz
12-08-2004, 09:23 AM
Heyho! Mr Bukow!
Sorry I`ve missed your roach thread the last days!
Well done! and still the coolest dialoge of any gfs movie.

See you

marco

Goro
12-08-2004, 03:45 PM
Hehe finally online eh?

Very well done! :buttrock:

marcowilz
12-08-2004, 04:31 PM
The little Thrall is afraid from this big santa Kong!
Do you have something for me?
Maybe an orkbabyhomepage
eh? Jap Schnapp

weller done

dmonk
12-08-2004, 07:26 PM
I can't watch it until later today, but the screenshots look great. Congrats on such an ambitous project.

zng-Y
12-14-2004, 10:47 PM
damn, cant open the site anymore?

steverage
12-16-2004, 01:12 PM
pretty nice man, i loved the texturing was class...!
is one of the roaches Australian...?! ;)

stephen2002
12-18-2004, 02:19 AM
I thought that was a great short. I enjoyed the little story, and the animation was well done. I didn't notice anything obvious or distracting. Voice acting was also nice, with a crisp recording. Sound effects, although not plentiful, were well placed. Great job on this!

Pauleeeee
12-18-2004, 12:29 PM
Great animation!
I just wish that there was a University that was as good as the GFS in Ireland.
They all pretty much suck here.
Arg :(

pollywoggles
12-18-2004, 01:40 PM
This piece was brilliant. I enjoyed it a lot.

The conversational tone (unique to animation) pretty much worked for me.

Personally, I would have liked to have seen more conflict. Sure they bickered non-stop-- but it didn't go anywhere; it was unstructured; it didn't have momentum. I didn't see rising action. When one roach says that that reincarnation was a fairytale, I was hoping for an escalation-- you certainly developed the characters well enough-- one was arrogant about spreading his knowledge, the other was a staunch unbeliever-- but instead, the action deflated, when he said, "I'll go for listen." I guess what I'm saying, is that I would have liked your story to have had a plot. It felt more like strong characters wandering around in a situation in search of a plot.

Don't get me wrong. I really liked the piece. I was completely taken in. These are just some ideas which caused me to pause.

BTW, in reference to the animation. Some times they would over-react, going sort of cartoony (such as when one of the roaches stumbled around after being blinded by the head-light). It felt out of place with the "realistic" tone that you had established.

Propictales
03-25-2005, 10:39 AM
It's such a pity that this great short has been recognized so little. You did a fantastic work there! I would have liked to see it on frontpage.

Can't await your next projects!

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2005, 10:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.