PDA

View Full Version : <<DREAM>>,needs feedback,please!!

gabrill
12-01-2004, 02:25 PM
My new painting,still in progress,Photo shop.I'v been working on it for a week.Needs your feedback please.
anything about the character,the background,the dress,the hair style and so on. Thanks.
http://page.hxsd.com.cn/images/upload/2004/12/01/74345503.jpg

Sunbane
12-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Okay, here goes:

The anatomy looks good overall. There's one spot though, that looks a little odd:
A small area of her forearm, right at her right elbow (to our left), looks like it's covered by the dress? I think that her forearm should be on top of the dress all the way down to the elbow.

The shading is a little bit inconsistant I think, and in some areas that makes the character look flat (the head and her left leg specifically).

As for the background, I'm not sure what it's supposed to be? It looks like she is lying on a big red piece of cloth. If that is the case, you could reinforce the shading in the folds and creases, to make it resemble cloth more.

I like the composition, and even though I usually don't like strong colors, I think they work rather well here.

You have a nice start there. Keep at it! ^^

gabrill
12-02-2004, 03:37 AM
Okay, here goes:

The anatomy looks good overall. There's one spot though, that looks a little odd:
A small area of her forearm, right at her right elbow (to our left), looks like it's covered by the dress? I think that her forearm should be on top of the dress all the way down to the elbow.

The shading is a little bit inconsistant I think, and in some areas that makes the character look flat (the head and her left leg specifically).

As for the background, I'm not sure what it's supposed to be? It looks like she is lying on a big red piece of cloth. If that is the case, you could reinforce the shading in the folds and creases, to make it resemble cloth more.

I like the composition, and even though I usually don't like strong colors, I think they work rather well here.

You have a nice start there. Keep at it! ^^Your comment is exactly what I need.About the forearm,I did draw a little piece of cloth droping from her dress to cover the forearm.But maybe I will make a change(It do seem odd)
At first I want to paint it with cartoon style,thst's why the head and legs seem flat,I will work on it now.
There also some one say that the legs are too fat,the hand's structure is a little wrong,and the chest is not pretty enough.What do you think guys?

Sunbane
12-02-2004, 05:15 AM
There also some one say that the legs are too fat,the hand's structure is a little wrong,and the chest is not pretty enough.What do you think guys? I disagree with that person on most counts.

I don't think the legs are too fat. They suit the realistic style you're using. But I notice now that the lower leg (from her knee and down) is too short.

The hands; The thumbs could be a little thicker, and the other fingers seem too even in length - usually there is a clearly noticable difference in length between the fingers. Especially the 5th finger (pinky) should be much shorter than the others. Apart from that, the hands look fine.

I think the chest look fine.

gabrill
12-02-2004, 07:00 AM
I disagree with that person on most counts.

I don't think the legs are too fat. They suit the realistic style you're using. But I notice now that the lower leg (from her knee and down) is too short.

The hands; The thumbs could be a little thicker, and the other fingers seem too even in length - usually there is a clearly noticable difference in length between the fingers. Especially the 5th finger (pinky) should be much shorter than the others. Apart from that, the hands look fine.

I think the chest look fine.It's nice for you to say so.I also think the lower leg a little short,maybe it's because it is too wide around the knees.
two of my room mates said that they don't like the hair style,They wanted a smooth hair.if it has to be the curly hair, it is too thin.

gabrill
12-03-2004, 03:12 AM
Here comes the latest progress,I made some correct acording to Sunbane's advice.Enhence the texture of the red cloth.But there are still alot of thing to do.
http://page.hxsd.com.cn/images/upload/2004/12/03/37138935.jpg

Feel free to express your(I mean anyone who feel some thing about it) feeling and comments,I desperatly need to hear what is your feeling about her hair,can there be any improvements that you can tell me?

zng-Y
12-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Hey Gabrill,

Nice painting there, but i think here pose is a bit stiff, she doesnt realy seem to lay down and totally relaxe...
Keep it going and im looking forward 2 an update!

gabrill
12-05-2004, 01:01 PM
Actually, after I painted it I did do this pose myself on the bed,I also found it is uncomfortable,especially to swing the lift leg toward the opposite diretion of the arms.(I am a boy,I think maybe a girl could do it more easily) ,You know it is much harder to do such a big change to it now,but I wil try my best.

zng-Y
12-05-2004, 01:22 PM
yeah i know its hard :\

but maybe u can try it with shades so she seems to relaxed in that position...
So it seems her muscles r relaxing..

Good job anyway!!!

gabrill
12-05-2004, 11:34 PM
yeah i know its hard :\

but maybe u can try it with shades so she seems to relaxed in that position...
So it seems her muscles r relaxing..

Good job anyway!!!Good idea,now I am working on it.

gabrill
12-09-2004, 03:43 AM
Here comes the last pic in progress of this work.next time will be post in the finished work.
not changed very much,referenced several photos.Almost done here.
http://page.hxsd.com.cn/images/upload/2004/12/09/67009038.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.