PDA

View Full Version : So my boss calls me into his office....

Nebelis
08-28-2002, 10:56 AM
Ok. Just when I was starting a nie relaxing day at work my boss pulls me into his office. He turns his laptop around so I can see it puts on a 3d aquarium screensaver and says: "can you do that?"

well I told him I'll sniff around and see what I can do...So now I'm asking you guys: I need to create a 3d screensaver that will run on openGL or whatever works...I checked out a few programs like Quest3d that exports and Axel but Im not sure that that is exactly what I'm looking for....Does anyone here have any experience with screensavers? and if I'm already asking - I need to start checking into game structures. Now all these things have to be for Lightwave otherwise we're going to use Max. and I dont want to use Max. I really don't want to use Max. Well what do you think?

proton
08-28-2002, 01:56 PM
The 3D Aquarium Screen Saver that is very popular right now was created with LightWave....I think the guys name is Sachs.....He seemed very nice and I'm sure that he would answer some of your questions.....

Larry_g1s
08-28-2002, 09:40 PM
I just have to say, I've been on these boards for a little while now and it's so great to see guys like you Proton who are from the company (NewTek) take such an active role in being on these boards & helping out it's customers/users.

I've seen you give addvice, tutuorials, and other great information (like stated above). It's just plain great customer relations (real down to earth). Hope you guys never lose that. Thanks a bunch! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.