PDA

View Full Version : Biggest free car video tutorial release for max by Blittze ever.

olblue
12-01-2004, 12:14 AM
Ok, ALL the images you could want to see regarding this fantastic set are below, this tutorial covers the end to end creation of the Audi A3 car, created by Blittze, one of the best car tutorial authors out there. Pictures speak louder than words however so I shall get busy with the goodies immediately;

http://www.3d-palace.com/coffeepot/Blitzze/blitze_screen_01.jpg

http://www.3d-palace.com/coffeepot/Blitzze/blitze_screen_05.jpg
http://www.3d-palace.com/coffeepot/Blitzze/blitze_screen_09.jpg

http://www.3d-palace.com/coffeepot/Blitzze/blitze_screen_13.jpg
http://www.3d-palace.com/coffeepot/Blitzze/blitze_screen_14.jpg
http://www.3d-palace.com/coffeepot/Blitzze/blitze_screen_15.jpg

This is the first tutorials set in which Blittze has recorded voiceover and it runs to some 17 large parts, covering everything from initially setting up your imageplanes in Photoshop through to the complete creation of the car (including the Audi logo). This is probably the most complete car modelling tutorial you are likely to see, created by a tutorial author that I know a lot of you recognise and respect for his works.

Download menu link; http://www.3d-palace.com/video.php?vid=63
Site main page link; http://www.3d-palace.com
Forums link http://www.3d-palace.com/forums

Simple.

Ok, now on to the stuff for you people that have never used 3d-palace to download a video tutorial before.

CODEC

The codec is at http://www.techsmith.com/products/studio/codecdownload.asp - Any problems however, please ask on the www.3d-palace.com (http://www.3d-palace.com) forums.

REGISTRATION

Some browsers seem to have problems registering from the front page of 3d-palace. This is something I am trying to deal with asap. In the meantime head for the forums over at www.3d-palace.com/forums/ (http://www.3d-palace.com/forums/) and click 'register' - Yes its free, no I dont sell your details to spam merchants.

LOGGING IN

Please, this is a big one, when you log in make sure that you allow 3d-palace to send you a cookie by clicking "Keep me logged in" - if you do not do this, then you cannot be authenticated properly by the site download script.

56k USERS

We still have the unsupported download exe available on palace via the download menu. It supports resume and so on, however you will need to kill the process manually (crtl-alt-del) if you want to stop the download as it will stay in memory. (This is why we stopped developing it) Note that download software like flashget and so on does not work with 3d-palace.

PROBLEMS?

This is not a troll-a-thon thread. If you have problems thats why 3d-palace has a forum. you do not win friend points complaining in a forum that cannot assist you with your problems.

BONUS.

First person to make and post up a picture of their Audi A3 (with a couple of wip shots) gets 3 months sponsor member access at 3d-palace. (No queues and more tutorials)

Ollarin
12-01-2004, 12:39 AM
Wow. That looks nice!

Do you perhaps have a download with all 17 files in one file? So i could just leave it downloading through the night.

olblue
12-01-2004, 12:48 AM
Thanks Ra for the comments. I cant make it one big file for the sakes of leeching unfortunately. If its smaller sets then hopefully people will download as they need then thus not eating all my bw in one go. (Well.. you never know... it might happen)

Cris

Ollarin
12-01-2004, 01:30 AM
Ahh...I understand. Thanks for the tutorials though. You've got lots of superb tutorials over at 3D palace! :D

*Downloads videos as he needs them* :p

Mahlon
12-01-2004, 02:42 AM
Sweet. The tutorials at 3dPalace are really good. I'm thinking 'bout becoming a sponsor member soon. This looks like a good one.

Mahlon

Animus_X
12-01-2004, 07:27 AM
hi great site, thanks for the link :thumbsup:

blc
12-01-2004, 08:55 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks a lot for these tutorials !

A trick that may help some of your that may encounter some problems to download even after registring in the forum:

let the forum window open then open in the same time a new window crtl+n and connect to
http://www.3d-palace.com/video.php?vid=63

now you can download!

it works for me !

Thanks one more time! very useful.

blc

Yourworstnightmare
12-01-2004, 10:54 PM
Im having some troubles, every time i try to download it gives me a different file, ive tried to download 3 times and have gotten 3 different file that have nothing to do with making a car

titaniumdave
12-01-2004, 11:05 PM
I suggest you ask at 3d-palace.com because you would get your answer much quicker there.

revert
12-01-2004, 11:49 PM
Use the 3d-palace downloader, you'll find it in the tutorials section. Works great.

olblue
12-02-2004, 12:32 AM
I suspect that the download system is boffing up from the masses of users that are trying to use it simultaniously unfortunately. I would suggest if all else fails that you use the download app. Failing that, clear cookies, log in and try again.

Cris

dennis_jr
12-18-2004, 01:54 AM
i can't download... it says Sorry, Non Sponsored member access is currently disabled. :cry:
i also noticed that the 3dp files are gone. can someone send me the 3dp files of the a3 tutorial. karena09@yahoo.com. tnx.

AC.
12-18-2004, 03:36 AM
Same here and I can't find the 3d-palace downloader :(

revert
12-18-2004, 05:05 AM
They're temporarily offline right now.

olblue
12-18-2004, 10:15 AM
Like the other guys said. A massive security hole in the downloader was found where leechers could bypass everything and access every tutorial on the site, totally ruining the bandwidth and also spoiling it for evenyone else.

The new system has resolved this issue, however it needs to be carefully tested before it is rolled out to make sure that there are no massive security holes in it. I am trying to get the system running live today, I also do not like it when the free downloads are down, partially because I get about 100 emails an hour from people who want to know why they cant download and also because thats the whole idea of 3d-palace. Lots and lots of free tutorials.

Anyway, its 10:21am and I have to try and get the downloader working.

Talk to you later!

cris

Darknon
12-18-2004, 02:39 PM
when i click download, a windows pops up saying "Sorry, Non Sponsored member access is currently disabled" .. And I HAVE registred.. what seam to be the problem? I need to see this video...

powerwave3d
12-18-2004, 02:50 PM
Yep, same here :(

titaniumdave
12-18-2004, 02:55 PM
Guys a word to the wise. If you have a problem with a website, look through that website for the answer. 3d-palace has a forum where you can easily find the answer to your problem. Just use the search function, and/or read the news forum.

PixelVampire
12-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Guys a word to the wise. If you have a problem with a website, look through that website for the answer. 3d-palace has a forum where you can easily find the answer to your problem. Just use the search function, and/or read the news forum. No offence but it's bit irritating the way the download on that site works.

olblue
12-22-2004, 09:50 PM
Good point. Maybe I should just put a direct download link to my tutorials so you can all get them easier eh? Maybe I can just email you all the tutorials to your inboxes? Maybe I can come round to your doors with the tutorials in a nice shiny box and hand them over with sweeties and a cup of hot chocolate and deliver it to your bed.

Hell, perhaps I should just come round and use your copy of max for you?

[edited to remove major irritable rant.]

To break it down for you. This month I spent some $1500 and had the help of 4 people in order to get the new downloader system working. I have added a new uncapped high speed server to the 3d-palace rack in order that I can consistantly serve tutorials without running over my alloted BW (I use an average of over 3 terra a month rising at approximately a 10% increment per month). The download system on palace is a complex peice of code in order to both stop people from downloading tutorials without being registered AND to allow me to preserve site security. The site was offline for nearly two days this month after a security compromise involving illedally uploaded code hidden in an avatar file, its very easy for a server to be compromised and these are all things that need to be taken into account.

When you are using that download box consider the following;

1. I dont have to do this. Im doing it because when I learned, it was 60 manuals or 3000 training weekends.

2. You can always use a p2p. With any luck the file you get might be the tutorial you were after.

3. As I mentioned, CGTalk is for critiquing artwork, not php. Perhaps phptalk.com would be better suited to this.

4. Its there because I want people to see these tutorials.

5. Merry Christmas. unless you dont celebrate Christmas. In which case happy "insert reason for eating too much and getting presents here".

Cris

Cris
[/irritation]

PixelVampire
12-22-2004, 10:12 PM
>>>"Maybe I can come round to your doors with the tutorials in a nice shiny box and hand them over with sweeties and a cup of hot chocolate and deliver it to your bed."

Now that would be service but do knock before you enter my bedroom :-) (joking)

olblue I did not mean to piss you off. I was just frustrated as I have been trying to download it for ages. I do understand where you are coming from. It's just that I feel like awho can't get the candy.

I can only speak for myself but I would gladly pay for that tutorial from my own pocket if I had a direct link to the file.

Anyway keep up the good work.

Edit- Merry Christmas to you as well sir ;-) Munching on some nice fatty Swiss chocolate...

olblue
12-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Meh, its been a long week. I've been dealing with crackers exploiting the site and I am grumpy and tired :)

If I could get you a direct download safely I would love to, sadly its just not something I can do unfortunately as it puts the server directly at risk of being bombarded with downloads simultaniously (I suspect it crashed last night because of this).

I promise I will look into ways to make the download system friendlier during Janruary though :)

Cris

titaniumdave
12-22-2004, 11:24 PM
No offence but it's bit irritating the way the download on that site works.
Why would you quote me about the forum and bring up a issue about the download system? :curious: Anyways I don't see any problem with the system, click download and watch the leeching begin. ;)

Rikki
12-23-2004, 01:32 AM
Download seems to be working fine for me - thanks so much for making this available :)

KINGOFPAIN
12-24-2004, 11:03 AM
all of my max learning has come from 3d-palace...and i say thanks a bunch....we are just lucky to have someone willing to share their knowledge,i appreciate everything you've done... keep it up... peace.

yog
12-24-2004, 11:27 AM
Good point. Maybe I should just put a direct download link to my tutorials so you can all get them easier eh? Maybe I can just email you all the tutorials to your inboxes? Maybe I can come round to your doors with the tutorials in a nice shiny box and hand them over with sweeties and a cup of hot chocolate and deliver it to your bed.

CrisCould you ? That would be brilliant :applause:

Seriously, it's a great service you and the rest provide Chris. I was going to say "probably" the best free video tutorials on the web, but on consideration I think I'll drop the "probably" :thumbsup:

P.s. - First thing next year give that Yorkshire man a nudge and get him to finish that XSI tutorial ;)

intervention
12-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Thanks very much for all the tutorials. Guys like you are the reason the quality of 3D is rapidly rising for wo(men) who are doing 3d for a hobby. Merry Christmas to you and the crew!

PixelVampire
12-25-2004, 01:37 PM
Why would you quote me about the forum and bring up a issue about the download system? :curious: Anyways I don't see any problem with the system, click download and watch the leeching begin. ;)

I quoted you because I can :-)
The system was down due to the reasons olblue mentioned.
Yes eyerything works fine now. I was moaning before because I was being SELFISH and was not patient enough to wait for olblue to fix the security problems he mentioned.

I already said sorry to hiim for not being patient.

EDIT- One more time I would like to thank OLBLUE for all his work. THANKS A LOT.

olblue
01-04-2005, 12:41 AM
Didnt read that last post :) You are welcome! Hope you had a great new year too. I will be putting out a pile of tutorials this month then I will be doing Animex and restarting TV-Palace again, so keep watching for more tutorials :)

pongball
02-24-2005, 07:00 PM
^ Bless you Blittze (is that you olblue?) In any case, bless both of you. I wouldn't have one sliver of negativaty for waiting hours to download just one of the parts to your video tutorials. Amazing what i've learned so far. I've never modelled a car before (only architecture), but i'm so ready to give it a shot. Thank you!!!

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.