PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Old man Lipsync

noorlander
11-30-2004, 11:53 PM
This is my first Lipsync test on my own rigg, not far from a Jason Osipa rigg.

I think my biggest problem is to get a nice looking flow into the character, really don't know what to do! Please come with C&C!

www.noorlander.se/cgtalk/toLondon_10.avi (http://www.noorlander.se/cgtalk/toLondon_10.avi)
(right click and save target as...)

Aridiel
12-01-2004, 01:20 AM
this is just perfect. the tongue and the adan apple are details very well done.
wich software are you using?

noorlander
12-01-2004, 08:30 AM
thanks, it's all done in maya with alot of blendshapes

GregRinaldi
12-03-2004, 07:10 AM
Great job on everything! I love Osipa's facial rigging technique. It allows for alot of freedom while animating. I only have a couple of crits, but they are very subjective as I think the piece is a complete success from a technical point of view.

1. I think his body language (head language?) would read better on "Do you hear that Doug" if you lost the little turn to the left on "Doug" It's a little jarring, and doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the performance. IMO, it makes more sense for him to project his body language and voice to screen right the whole time he is speaking to Doug.

2. For "Do you hear that Doug" I think you are pushing the mouth shapes a bit too far on this line. Don't get me wrong, exagerration in animation is usually a good thing, but IMO, in this case you are "blowing your load" (so to speak) a bit early. in other words, I think you need a bit more contrast in the range of expressions between "Do you hear that Doug" and "I'm comin' to London." While he is speaking loudly during "Do you hear that Doug" , he speaks even louder during "I'm comin' to London." Therefore, I think it would emphasize the "I'm comin' to London" line much more if "Do you hear that Doug" was toned down a bit.

That's all the C&C I have at the moment. Great work! Please post a render when it's completed. :thumbsup:

noorlander
12-03-2004, 08:25 AM
GregRinaldi: thanks for the comments, I think your right about the crits, I will think of not "blowing my load" to early next time. I'm off to London for a week know, but when I get home I will start to work on my upcoming 3d short, and I will have some test renders to show you.
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1781938", true);

CGmonkey
12-03-2004, 12:23 PM
I'm off to London for a week know, but when I get home I will start to work on my upcoming 3d short, and I will have some test renders to show you.
Awesome! \o/

Wilson-3d
12-03-2004, 02:16 PM
Nice work. It is really looking nice. I agree with the above crit but sure don't see anything myself. I followed your link to your site and enjoyed your demo reel. Great music and edited well with it.

GregRinaldi
12-04-2004, 07:32 AM
GregRinaldi: thanks for the comments, I think your right about the crits, I will think of not "blowing my load" to early next time. I'm off to London for a week know, but when I get home I will start to work on my upcoming 3d short, and I will have some test renders to show you.
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1781938", true);Hehe, sorry if that seemed a little vulgar (but it did get the point across). Have fun in London, and don't forget your toothbrush!!! Say hello to Doug for me.

P.S. Stay away from the Pikeys. :D

metroeast
12-04-2004, 03:45 PM
It is really good. You may want to think about exaggerating the "U" sound a little more. You character doesn't really rounds the lips.

Over all it is really good.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.