PDA

View Full Version : Viewing multiple sub projections

revert
11-30-2004, 10:56 PM
I'm still learning XSI and have a problem. I have a character ready for UV mapping and i've created mutliple clusters. I'm now applying sub projections to the individal clusters and having problems lining them up in the UV texture space because i can only view the currently selected projection/cluster. If i de-select i still only see the last selected. Been through the Texture Editor preferences and don't see anything to help. So how can i view all my projections in the texture editor? Thanks.

Ablefish
11-30-2004, 11:32 PM
In the TE preferences at the bottom of the General tab, there should be a toggle for Polygon Clusters. I think the default is to Restrict editor to cluster. Try turning on the other option. A description of this pref seems to be missing from the help menu there too.

This is different from having multiple uv projections though - if you have multiple projections (and I'm not talking about subprojections - they 'live' within a regular UV projection) you may need to copy and paste them from each projection into one.

One suggestion before doing this, I would remap ctrl-c and ctrl-v to Copy UVs and Paste UVs in the Texture Editor. By default they're just regular Copy and Paste, and I don't really know what it applies too - all I know is that it wouldn't reliably copy and paste uvs. And use the UVs menu in the TE to switch between projections on your object.

Hope that helps,

revert
11-30-2004, 11:51 PM
Thanks Jean-Paul, that has helped a lot.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.