PDA

View Full Version : FXWars Rollercoaster: ONE WEEK TO GO!

RobertoOrtiz
11-30-2004, 10:24 PM
Gentlemen, time to stop the simulations and Start rendering!
-R

ACantarel
12-03-2004, 09:49 AM
Yeah, would be nice but my graphics crad isn´t woring any more for 2 weeks now!. I updated from Win2K to XP and now there´s no way to get the direct 3D working in 3ds max. I tried the last 8 versions of nvidia drivers, directX 8 to 9c (and beta), uninstalled all firewalls and antivirus software... no idea anymore. OpenGL crashes after a few minutes and also destroys my max license. Software rendering looks very poor and also crashes. Unfortunately I modeled the whole rollercoaster track, the waggons, environment. Also my simulation-setup was one which worked in realtime.

I´m really sad about this :sad:

It´s a Geforce4 Ti 4800 SE, WinXP, Dual AMD 1800+ (<- yes it´s old) and 3ds max 6, all windows updates installed also max6 service pack.

André

RobertoOrtiz
12-03-2004, 03:21 PM
ACantarel (http://www.cgtalk.com/member.php?u=56555) vbmenu_register("postmenu_1782195", true); can you at least render in flatshade or wireframe?

It would be a huge shame that you cannot show the work you have done so far.

Or better yet, can anybody help him with the render?
-R

ACantarel
12-03-2004, 07:07 PM
I can nearly do nothing in 3ds max :sad:
I can create one teapot. The second one is really slow and the third one is nearly impossible -> then crash
Unfortunately I wasn´t able to animate something. (no 3d for two weeks now) I also wanted to include a funny character and so on...
There´s no ready-to-render scene :sad:

André

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.