PDA

View Full Version : Performance test

iliketheska
11-30-2004, 06:40 PM
Working on my own rig right now, but I haven't animated in a while, so I whipped this 9 second performance up using the head from Jason Ospia's "Stop Staring". The audio is from a Futurama episode, I think the voice actor is Maurice Lamarche. I'm still not completley happy with it. The sync at first isn't perfect, but something else I think is holding it back. Crits please! :)
www.wdog.com/dlogan/video/ospiahead.wmv
Thanks!

RaoUUUL
12-02-2004, 02:27 AM
hey.

wow thats scary. no disrespect to osipa.
umm the lip synch looks good for the most part, it looks a little jumpy and not that fluid tho. the end looks weird "tales of interest" with the mouth closing when saying of and the smile at the end and it looks like you have a few snears that dont belong in there up to that part.

you need lots of work on the brows, head turns, neck bending eyes moving, eyelids the whole works. brows and eyes usually move from point a to point b in a quick manner. you should read through the book. do you have it? cheerio.

iliketheska
12-02-2004, 02:34 AM
Thanks very much for the crit! I am very much a student, so I very much appretiate it. I have the book and have read through it, I guess I'm not as decent as I thought, haha. I did have the sync being more fluid earlier, but for some reason to me it just looked very muddled and so I made it a bit more extreme, too extreme it would seem. With regards to the eye movement, what do you suggest I do? I know the eyes simply do not move as of now, but I felt that for the dialouge it would make more sense to have a kind of crazy dead-on stare going. I was going for the whole crazy radio announcer look, but I guess I failed at that. Thanks again for the crit! :)

thanatos
12-02-2004, 02:46 AM
I think you should move the eyes some. He's..well...I mean he's staring. And you know what Jason O says about *that*. Also, I think you could hit some of the plosives harder and the "wa" in watched isn't reading. Pretty dynamic head posing at the end there, though.

iliketheska
12-02-2004, 02:51 AM
Hahaha, man, I never even realized I made a staring character with Stop Staring's rig. Man, now I feel wayyy lame. I just can't think of what to do with his eyes there, as this is supposed to be a kind of over the top and intense in a silly way animation (to match the audio), i can't think of a better thing to do with the eyes than this sort of pompous, dead stare. Lame, very lame, I know. Does anyone have an idea for a good motivated thing for the eyes to do?
Thanks for the crit!

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.