PDA

View Full Version : Need Feedback for my Masters, Animation WIP

maze23
11-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Im doing my masters on independent animators, the community, the work and the industry's reaction to them.
My artefact for the Masters is an animation and website, I would really appreciate it if the people of the CGtalk community could go, have a look and comment on the forum.
The forum is part of my research so feedback on it would be REALLY appreciated.

The site is
www.gbikers.co.uk (http://www.gbikers.co.uk)

as always the site will be growing as more and more bits get done.
I'll keep checking this for feedback as well.

Thanks
Maze23

RaoUUUL
12-02-2004, 02:17 AM
if you dont mind i would like to see a link to one thing you would like crit on, i mean you want a meaningful crit and not just a summary right.

Shonner
12-02-2004, 04:29 AM
If the question is, "Can an artist make an animated TV show or movie for mass media viewing all on his/her own?" I'd say no.

maze23
12-02-2004, 02:15 PM
if you dont mind i would like to see a link to one thing you would like crit on, i mean you want a meaningful crit and not just a summary right.
actually a summary. Im not that good an animator, certainly not to the standard that we see on CGtalk, so a crit would take days tearing it apart.
What this is more about is the general reaction and feeling, so yeh a summary.

Also a reaction to the idea of 'can a single animator try and make something that is mass market friendly?'

I see all these collabrative projects on high end animation, but what about simmpler animation and its place on TV (southpark, simpsons) can computer anim do the same?

have a quick look at the site, look at the characters, the illustration, some of the test anim's.
Then general feeling:
Is it good?
Is it interesting?
would you watch it if it was Tele?
would you think of doing something similiar?

nickfredin
12-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Well, I really liked the idea of the whole thing. From what I gathered at least. I'm not sure if your going through school or what was meant by doing your Animation Idependant community thing but if you are great, if your not, you should consider going to school. There is a lack of character in your acting and your animation is very fluid. To be frankly honest I couldn't watch the whole thing. Now in saying that, I know how it is going through school and usually the first production is a little below what we had wished for. In any case to improve on your animation try using one character, no props or one prop. try that first before trying a blockbuster. That's all.

maze23
12-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Well, I really liked the idea of the whole thing. From what I gathered at least. I'm not sure if your going through school or what was meant by doing your Animation Idependant community thing but if you are great, if your not, you should consider going to school. There is a lack of character in your acting and your animation is very fluid. To be frankly honest I couldn't watch the whole thing. Now in saying that, I know how it is going through school and usually the first production is a little below what we had wished for. In any case to improve on your animation try using one character, no props or one prop. try that first before trying a blockbuster. That's all.
The masters is about trying for the large format stuff, my animation is just a vehicle to test the theory. The animation is basic (I am nowhere near the professional level of some of the people on the forum), and Ive put it together quickly.
The masters is more about the idea, and the possiblity that an idea can be made digitally, published digitally and from that exposure picked up

your feedback is good though, cos Im looking at putting up a thread on the projects forum, and I need to get the feel of the forums audience.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.