PDA

View Full Version : lip synch (osipa method)

kungfudork
11-30-2004, 01:43 PM
hello everyone,

i have setup a character using the simple setup from "stop staring". i am using Hash Animation:Master v11. this is about the 3rd pass. it still doesn't look very natural/believable to me, but it is the closest i have ever come to making a character have some life. i am really enjoying using this setup.....usually i get burned out quick, but i plan to keep practicing with this! let me know what you all think!

LipSynchTest (http://www.blacksheepnc.com/video/ShopSmartWEB2.mov) (645Kb qiucktime)

thanks,
kungfudork

glynnsmith
11-30-2004, 02:12 PM
i like the mouth a lot...the only crit i have it that the eyebrow and cheek areas don't move a lot...you could possbily play around with that to see if it adds to the dynamic of it...

looking good so far though :)

G...

StuartVarrall
11-30-2004, 02:14 PM
I agree with you on his setup, I've just some lip sync with it and it was just so easy to use!

Generally you've done a great job with the sync, but as you asked I noticed a few picky things;

-The mouth stays at pretty much the same width the whole time, try exaggerating the narrows a little to give it more interest. You don't really get a feeling of the 'o' sound.

-The 'm' would look better with an upper lip down morph
- I'd make the brows come up at the end to show interest.
- a small bit of erratic eye movement will make the eyes more believable
- The blink is a little slow, try speeding that up.
- having the camera dead on is unnatural, turn it round a bit [vertically and/or horizontally]

Some of that might or might not work, i'm no expert, just have a play around and keep enjoying it!
Hope that helps

stu

kungfudork
12-01-2004, 09:09 PM
thanks for the input guys! i am gonna take it all into consideration and get to the computer for a few more passes. i'll post the results. thanks again!

kungfudork

pollywoggles
12-02-2004, 05:16 AM
Great animation.

I like his method also.

I noticed an odd little popping on the "sm" when he says "smart."

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.