PDA

View Full Version : bday song

vfxmatt
11-30-2004, 06:41 AM
Hey

This is a piece I quickly put out in a week and half(working afterhours).I did it as a birthday video card for my friend.Maybe you might enjoy it so check it out.

http://www.matoons.com/movies/anim_008.mov

siouxfire
11-30-2004, 08:59 AM
Wow - you did that in your spare time in a week?!!! Very well done. Love the microphone stand that folds out. The atmosphere and cinematography are very nice. The lip synch is a little off, but the overall quality of the piece is superb!

Your friend's going to love it, I'm sure.

vfxmatt
11-30-2004, 09:50 AM
THanks siouxfire

APpreciate it.Ya i know the lipsync is a bit dodge,tell you the truth,I didnt have enough time to finish the animation the way i wanted to,but my next little week long project ill concentrate more on the animation.

Im working in Lightwave 7.5c so animation is kinda tricky.
Im trying out xsi also,but dont know it as well.

thanks again for your remarks. :)

siouxfire
11-30-2004, 09:55 AM
No problem - I'd say you have something down that no one can teach you and that's a great style. The fact you just threw that together while considering the character design and environment is really impressive. I'm just getting started on XSI - keep us posted on your progress. From what I understand, the animation of characters is easier in XSI - no experience of that as I haven't used Lightwave, but that's what I've been told.

vfxmatt
11-30-2004, 10:06 AM
thanks man

XSI so far is Absoulutley wonderfull.But
Lightwave has a realtime renderer(fprime)not to mention im way faster in it.
Yet XSI has far better animation tools.So im experimenting using the fbx plugin to convert animation in xsi to lightwave.

But personally I think XSI is the way to go. :hmm:

DaddyMack
11-30-2004, 08:01 PM
Hi suethsayer well done again on this.
It conveyed a real sense of warmth to the viewer and was quite bizarre to watch...Loved the ott camera angles and mic:thumbsup:

vfxmatt
12-01-2004, 06:48 AM
Thanks man.appreciate it.I havent been able to download your stuff yet.Internet connection in my country isnt that great.but thanks for the comments. :D

HenningK
12-02-2004, 06:24 AM
Neat. Character design is my favorite part. Cinematography is nice too.
hen

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.