PDA

View Full Version : NEW! ROTK Extended Edition Trailer (6 Minutes!)

RobertoOrtiz
11-29-2004, 08:20 PM
http://www.lordoftherings.net/homevideo/frame_special_dvd.html?NoMansExtndCut

-R

swardson
11-29-2004, 08:30 PM
great link roberto, man I cant wait for this release.

Peter Jackson and the team at Weta are awesome

EVIL
11-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Sweet stuff, Love the creature at the black gate

onlooker
11-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Man have I been waiting for this. Finally!!! All 3 gift sets.

mindful108
11-29-2004, 09:42 PM
I've never been looking forward to a DVD movie release like I have for this one. Hate to sound pitiful but I love the first two extended sets and I am really excited about this last one!!

:drool:

Great link!!
Thanks R.

Tocpe
11-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Has anyone heard if they'll make a set of all three extended edition DVD sets into one massive Extended DVD set? Or do ya have to purchase each extended edition separately?

leigh
11-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Awesome trailer! The extended editions have all been incredible but this one seems to be the ultimate!
Can't wait to get it :bounce:

jorx
11-29-2004, 09:52 PM
Man this is going to be amazing! I like the mouth of Sauron as well.... creepy. Awesome!

Rivendale
11-29-2004, 09:55 PM
Omg, that sent some chills down my spine. So many cool moments.

CML

feeesh
11-29-2004, 10:20 PM
I heard htey were doing a set of all the movies but for the theatrical release. Haven't heard if they are doing it with the extended editions. I bought them as they came out, I like how they look like an old book, :-)

And wow, the movie was what, 3 1/2 hours in the theatres right? And then 50 more minutes?. That's a long-ass movie, but I could sit through a 6 hour extended cut if there were that many scenes to add in, I love every bit of it. Peter Jackson and Weta are amazing!

Troy
11-29-2004, 10:39 PM
So wheres the scourging of the shire?

The mouth of sauron looks great, not as I visualized him though

TraceR
11-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Aarrgg, I hate my 56k modem! :banghead:

Swizzle
11-29-2004, 10:43 PM
Hey hey hey, that's pretty sweet! I love watching the bonus material, so this is going to be a treat for me!

Marine
11-29-2004, 10:45 PM
tocpe: they are, at least in the uk, it's being released on the same day as the rotk extended dvd set. play.com (http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=490271&p=57&g=72) are selling it

Lil_Mick
11-29-2004, 10:52 PM
I have to admit, I got a little gitty watching that. And it was only a trailer! soon, I'll have the real thing

~J

DDS
11-29-2004, 10:56 PM
really cool :bounce:

ambas
11-29-2004, 11:27 PM
aw man that was sweet! i cant wait till i get my hands on a copy! :bounce:

bg26273
11-29-2004, 11:30 PM
NHas anyone heard if they'll make a set of all three extended edition DVD sets into one massive Extended DVD set? Or do ya have to purchase each extended edition separately? There is a set with 12 DVDs - the 3 extended sets into one superset:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000654ZK0/qid=1101770657/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl74/104-0634815-3599168?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

InTheCity
11-30-2004, 12:04 AM
Argh, I've already spent too much money on LOTR products, god help me.

cg219
11-30-2004, 12:56 AM
OMG, that was great. I want to buy the set now.

Edit: Does that 12 disc set come with the same special features as the special edition?

gabio
11-30-2004, 01:07 AM
Argh, I've already spent too much money on LOTR products, god help me. :thumbsup:
adictive.
I am too.
damn...

Spankspeople
11-30-2004, 01:17 AM
Mmmmm... Really looking forward to my annual "Going to Futureshop on Boxing Day at 9am to grab a LotR box set", followed by the getting everyone together and watching it New Years Eve. We've got a little glass turkey candle holder that sits on top of our TV which has managed to fall off two years in a row due to the subwoofer combined with the slight slope on the top of the TV. Hoping the turkey doesn't dissapoint us this year by staying put. =P

leigh
11-30-2004, 01:49 AM
So wheres the scourging of the shire?

They never did the scouring of the Shire. The only time it appears in the entire trilogy is when Frodo looks into Galadriel's mirror. Peter Jackson decided to leave it at that... I can't blame him though, it's a weird ending, and frankly I always found that part of the book really boring.

Rye
11-30-2004, 02:32 AM
I always felt that Return of the King was the weakest of the 3 movies because of its hurried pace. I really hope this will slow it down considerably. But...even if it doesn't, I'll still be more than happy to watch it again and again and again.

SovereignKnight
11-30-2004, 03:23 AM
I always felt that Return of the King was the weakest of the 3 movies because of its hurried pace. That's because you can easily tell where PJ hacked giant chunks out of the movie. Case in point: The whole "Mouth of Sauron" part. In the theatrical release, everyone rides up to the gates on a horse, then suddenly the horses dissapear. No explanation given. Now, with the Real version of the movie coming out, you get to see why this happens.

Other things, like the fact that Legolas and ONLY Legolas isn't afraid of the Paths of the Dead. I understand that his speech from the book will be reinserted into the Real movie. I hope so, because it explains the situation better.

I can hardly wait. This will flesh out the story SO much better. The theatrical release was a travesty that did a huge injustice to what should have been a great movie. I hope this DVD release will correct that.

:)

samartin
11-30-2004, 07:37 AM
I haven't read the books, just can't seem to find time or patience, but anyway this really does look like a great addition or as SovereignKnight stated a poor theatrical release, I always did wonder about sauromon and gandalf...

colkai
11-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Awesome trailer! The extended editions have all been incredible but this one seems to be the ultimate!
Can't wait to get it :bounce:
Amen to that Leigh - what is it? 50 extra minutes and 5 discs? - whoa yeah - I can't wait -- less than 2 weeks to go! :D :D

hypercube
11-30-2004, 10:14 AM
Ah, very nice..glad this was different than the earlier trailer. Good to see they patched things up with Christopher Lee, too :)

I agree the edits hurt the theatrical version, I don't think all 50 minutes probably needed to be in there, but at the least the Mouth and confrontation with Saruman were sorely missed..especially the scene with the Mouth, the real version of that scene (from the book) is almost infinitely better. And Gandalf vs. the Witch King..mmmmm yeah. I still felt it worked well as a movie, but you could definitely feel them trimming down to the last frame possible, under studio pressure. Will be great to have the full movie finally.

BTW as has been said in these threads before, the bundled EE box set is just the 3 EE's in a box, there's nothing new/different than if you have the previous two EE's and then buy this one. I can't wait to line this one up next to the other two on my shelf, then put all the discs in my dvd changer and majorly geek out :D

Martin_G_3D
11-30-2004, 10:30 AM
I do not own ANY lotr dvd yet, so guess what I am going to buy? exactly.. the 12 disc box set of all extended editions :)

Clanger
11-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Well, I see there's a 12 disc all three extended version out on the 12th but that's region 1 NTSC.
Please don't tell me the region 2 Pal will be out 25 years latter.

furre
11-30-2004, 12:03 PM
I regret seeing the first trailer for the extended cut of RoTK, so I think I'll skip seeing this one. I already know I'm going to buy it (or get it for birthday/christmas, whichever comes first), so the only thing watching the trailer would do is to ruin a bit of the surprise. Am I the only one with this sentiment or am I just the first one to post about it?

Tocpe
11-30-2004, 12:57 PM
N There is a set with 12 DVDs - the 3 extended sets into one superset:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000654ZK0/qid=1101770657/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl74/104-0634815-3599168?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

Sweet! Thanks. Now I know what I want for christmas. :applause:

Pufferfish
11-30-2004, 01:32 PM
... I can't blame him though, it's a weird ending, and frankly I always found that part of the book really boring.

I agree it's "odd" part of the book and does not really suit the movie.

I just wished the book would never end... and when it did end I felt sad. :cry: hehe anyhow the book is always good read even after several times :D
What comes to this extented edition.. it's a must have!

SpiralFace
12-01-2004, 01:44 AM
Can't wait till my room mate picks it up. I'm personaly holding out for some big uber "Lord of the Rings Extended edition" collection with all the LOTR DVD extended editions just packed into some big uber book that will cost probably about 100 dollars to get all 3 extended ed movies. Same with all the matrix movies.

I just pray that they make something like that becuase that would just be awsome.

archiea
12-01-2004, 03:28 AM
The only bad part about a new LOTR release is WAITING for a new LOTR release.....

hypercube
12-01-2004, 06:46 AM
Shadow Slayer: As posted, this is as close to what you're asking for as possible..

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000654ZK0

They've said emphatically that these are "it" for a while, I wouldn't expect anything new until HD-DVD or Blu-Ray is established, 2006 or later.

Also, about your request on the Matrix movies, get a load of this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002Y69NG

or if you really want to go nuts:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002Y69NQ

SpiralFace
12-01-2004, 07:40 AM
haha! I knew it! I knew they whould make some super special limited ed thing for the matrix. Well.... Time to finaly get the matrix movies. To this day I have never picked up a single Matrix or LOTR movie simply because I KNEW that they whould do something like this. And Although LOTR are'nt going to do something like that anytime soon, I'll still wait till they decide to do something like that. I mean COMEON! there marketers will make them do it eventualy becuase they know that it will sell (Just look at the Star wars trilogy for like, the past 20 years! How many whole trilogy releases did that get? 4 or 5?)

Anyways. Point is that I'm more then willing to wait for it to be packaged, becuase I'm sure at some point there going to be doing it. My room mate pretty much has the whole collection and is getting return of the King when it comes out. I'll just bum off him till they come out with the Uber box set for myself.

I did it for Matrix and I'll definatly do it for LOTR.

Also thanks a bunch Hypercube. I never knew they where comming out with that box set. I've been so busy trying to remember the videogame release scedual this year that I have'nt had a chance to look at anything else.

leigh
12-09-2004, 07:15 PM
My mom bought the collectors set for me today for Christmas, but she put it away in her cupboard and said I have to wait until Christmas before she'll let me watch it :cry:

RobertoOrtiz
12-09-2004, 07:19 PM
I am sorry Leigh.
That wait sounds worst than chinese water torture.

-R

bg26273
12-09-2004, 08:26 PM
I found the scenes they added to complement the movie well for the most part...

Proximus
12-09-2004, 09:34 PM
YES! I was waiting so long for this one, I will buy it the day it come out. Looking forward for the extra 50 minutes too.

colkai
12-10-2004, 08:10 AM
My mom bought the collectors set for me today for Christmas, but she put it away in her cupboard and said I have to wait until Christmas before she'll let me watch it :cry:
That is so not fair! ;)
Still - imagine your excitement on Xmas morning, "Gee - ta mom.." ..then lock yourself away for the rest of the day to watch it hehe....

Koen86
12-10-2004, 09:17 AM
Heey

this character is awesome! that expression on the face, its just hilarious!
Very nice work! i really looking forward on the animetion

Greetz Koen

Parlo
12-10-2004, 09:58 AM
I watched it a few days ago (a friend got his hands on an early copy) and I have to say that despite being the longest film I've ever sat through - it was easily one of the most rewarding. There are ALOT of tiny tiny new moments, additions and nuances. A fair few of them are where you wouldn't expect them too.

*REALLY MINOR SPOILERS*

Gimli get's arguably his funniest moment of all three films but it goes on for about 5 seconds too long and kind of undoes itself with the indulgence - you'll know it when you see it. I also didn't realise that there'd be as much new stuff during the battle as there was. My friend accurately described the purpose they serve as "smoothing over the sharp corners" of the battle's progression. The only downside of it all was that Merry gets more screen time and it just confirmed for me that his was the weakest portrayed character - the extent of his childishness was misjudged IMHO. Also, one of his new scenes takes us back to the Rohirrim when I always thought that they were best kept out of sight.

*END OF MINOR SPOILERS*

Anyhow, be sure to turn up your surround sound rigs... I feared for the foundations of my friend's house the other night - gotta love that bass!

You're all in for a treat. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.