PDA

View Full Version : Luxology hiring.

yog
08-27-2002, 11:28 PM
http://www.luxology.net/company/employment.aspx

Curiouser and curiouser. What ever Luxology are developing it appears as though they are branching out to include Maya and MAX.

MCronin
08-27-2002, 11:46 PM
I'm guessing it'll be a third party renderer. Look who they've hired, and the skills they are looking for. Look at the name, Luxology.

Lux = a unit of illumination measurement. One lumen per square meter.
ology = the science of

Luxology = (roughly) the science of illumination.

Do we really need yet another renderer? I say yes, only, if this one is going to be hardware accellerated, and I'm betting it will be.

moovieboy
08-28-2002, 02:53 AM
MCronin, Luxology are the Lightwave folks/developers...

I can't quite tell what they're looking to do with a person having those skills... Curious:hmm:

-Tom

Chuck Baker
08-29-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by moovieboy
MCronin, Luxology are the Lightwave folks/developers...

I can't quite tell what they're looking to do with a person having those skills... Curious:hmm:

-Tom

Well, no. NewTek are the LightWave Folks/developers.

Lorecanth
08-29-2002, 09:58 PM
Maybe somebody to work on a realtime shading plugin... kind of like G2 from Worley.

mix
09-01-2002, 03:43 AM
My shot in the dark is they are doing some serious development of lightwaves hub to not only be a absolute connection between layout and modeler, but also to incorperate other apps like maya max, photoshop, 3d paint apps, maybe.
That is the only thing I can think of that would revolutionize the 3D industry, everything else has been done, feature wise.
But to even concieve this is possable is big ask.

Rogue
09-03-2002, 04:37 AM
Everything about Luxology is really only a guess. There has been a multitude of threads discussing the future of this party. Personally, I feel with the hiring of Maya/Max tools familiar employees is to broaden the core package the Luxology boys are developing. Of coarse, this is speculation and I have nothing to base this on...just a hunch.

One thing is for sure though, we can expect something from Luxology. I'm sure intereted on seeing some results.

wmendez
09-03-2002, 03:00 PM
I think realtime rendering ala XSI will come to play as they have already hired someone from Exluna.

Pixelmaestro
09-03-2002, 05:45 PM
http://www.incrementalimages.com/

Another company with a mystery product.

liquidhalf
09-04-2002, 09:26 PM
yeah.. seems as though that incremental images just uses a lot of big words like infrastructure.. and visual application platform/

"Our mission is to create the next generation Internet and Intranet infrastructure for visual computing and for communicating visual information."

my question is.. does it have anything to do with 3d?

EpShot
09-06-2002, 01:14 AM
is this goin gto be like that self popelled scooter that was supposed to revolusionaiz ethe way we get around?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.