PDA

View Full Version : The Incredibles tops $200 Million

SheepFactory
11-28-2004, 10:40 PM
"According to Box Office Mojo (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2004-11-26&p=.htm) estimates The Incredibles topped the $200 million mark on Friday. The take is just below Finding Nemo, which had earned $213 million by its 22nd day of release, and well behind Shrek 2, which had earned $325 million by its 22nd day of release. The Incredibles' box office receipts were good enough for 16th place on the list of "fastest films to reach $200 million (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/fastest.htm?page=200&p=.htm)"."

--

Link taken from Animated News.

CIM
11-29-2004, 05:12 AM
And some ppl. thought this movie would be a dud. :hmm:

ambient-whisper
11-29-2004, 08:04 AM
how anyone can think shrek 2 is better than incredibles is beyond me.

fxgogo
11-29-2004, 08:37 AM
Are all those stats based on USA takings or does that include the rest of the world?

Ollarin
11-29-2004, 09:02 AM
Wow! $200 million already!

Meh! I must watch the Incredibles soon. :(

Good work Pixar! :thumbsup:

bash
11-29-2004, 10:38 AM

People really say that? :eek:
I really enjoyed Shrek 2, but The Incredibles is awsome!! :applause:

Shaderhacker
11-29-2004, 05:01 PM
Well, what dictates how much money a movie makes is not necessarily how *good* the film is but more how popular the characters are. Everyone loves Shrek. Noone knew about the Incredibles characters until now. Having said that, a Toy Story 3 would probably come close to beating Shrek 2 if it has a good story and is implemented properly. In contrast, I don't think a Shrek 3 would do better than Shrek 2.

-M

shehbahn
11-29-2004, 05:53 PM
>Are all those stats based on USA takings or does that include the rest of the world?

not 100% sure but i think this is domestic as the movie was around 177M before the w.e. and supposedly made around 25M over the 4 days.

mmkelly011881
11-29-2004, 07:15 PM
how anyone can think shrek 2 is better than incredibles is beyond me.That's nothin'... my entire extended family (24 ppl on my Dad's side) thought that Polar Express
was "WAAAYY better than the Incredibles"... they saw it in 3d.. i withold my own judgement because i have yet to see PE (and i dont plan on spending 30$$ to see it in IMAX with my girlfriend) but there is no way that i could ever think that PE could top The Incredibles

Shaderhacker
11-30-2004, 12:37 AM
That's nothin'... my entire extended family (24 ppl on my Dad's side) thought that Polar Express
was "WAAAYY better than the Incredibles"... they saw it in 3d.. i withold my own judgement because i have yet to see PE (and i dont plan on spending 30$$ to see it in IMAX with my girlfriend) but there is no way that i could ever think that PE could top The Incredibles
Sorry but the story of PE was garbage. The 3d look was ok though.

-M

mikecarry
11-30-2004, 07:05 PM
It's called personal opinion.

pearson
11-30-2004, 07:56 PM
It's called personal opinion.Blasphemy!

:p

Virum
11-30-2004, 08:10 PM
Blasphemy!

:p Kill the heretical mikecarry!!!

;) :p

GOTgraphic
12-01-2004, 11:35 PM
Well, what dictates how much money a movie makes is not necessarily how *good* the film is but more how popular the characters are. Everyone loves Shrek. Noone knew about the Incredibles characters until now. Having said that, a Toy Story 3 would probably come close to beating Shrek 2 if it has a good story and is implemented properly. In contrast, I don't think a Shrek 3 would do better than Shrek 2.

-M I wonder how well a "The Incredibles #2" would do then... hopefully a #2 will happen, and Pixar will be involved...

Shaderhacker
12-02-2004, 12:07 AM
I wonder how well a "The Incredibles #2" would do then... hopefully a #2 will happen, and Pixar will be involved...
That would probably do really well. But would it do better than a Nemo 2?? Probably not.

-M

BRUTICUS
12-02-2004, 12:20 AM
God only knows if Disney were to do it.

I wonder if Disney could actually go and do that.

Willywo
12-02-2004, 12:45 AM
Oh yes,money well spent I say.:drool:

BigJay
12-02-2004, 03:31 AM
It's disney

There will be an incredables 2, 1 1/2 and probably a tv series at the minimum.

Toy story and nemo will also have sequals. That may have been in the back of eisner's head when he went totally 3d with disney. WIth the main work done he probably needs a team that can milk these movies for all the sequals he could get out fo them. By doing it themselves they will get more money than having to farm it back out to Pixar again.

Dennik
12-02-2004, 03:40 AM
It's disney

There will be an incredables 2, 1 1/2 and probably a tv series at the minimum.

Toy story and nemo will also have sequals. That may have been in the back of eisner's head when he went totally 3d with disney. WIth the main work done he probably needs a team that can milk these movies for all the sequals he could get out fo them. By doing it themselves they will get more money than having to farm it back out to Pixar again.
You bet. Disney is gonna produce Pixar sequels for the next 20 years or so. Actually with the number of successes Pixar had, make that a full century...

flawedprefect
12-02-2004, 04:16 AM
Curse you all with your "Awesome" loving of the Incredibles!! We haven't got it here in Oz yet. We won't be able to bask in Pixar's warm and glowing warming glow until boxing day! :cry:

I honestly cannot wait to see what Pixar produces when it breaks away from the Disney partnership after "Cars" (is this official?) While Disney attempts doing Pixar-inspired sequels, Pixar will almost certainly go on creating better and better work, leaving Disney floundering in its wake.

hURT
12-02-2004, 05:14 AM
I believe Eisner's out the door in 2006 which is also the year that Pixar decides if they move away from Disney... I believe Pixar is waiting on the 'change of managment' in Disney, I don't think Pixar would like having it's rights to sequels left with Disney if the partnership ends. I could be wrong about the information, I believe I read about it on AWN somewhere... Someone correct me. :)

beaker
12-02-2004, 05:55 PM
I believe Eisner's out the door in 2006 which is also the year that Pixar decides if they move away from Disney... I believe Pixar is waiting on the 'change of managment' in Disney, I don't think Pixar would like having it's rights to sequels left with Disney if the partnership ends. I could be wrong about the information, I believe I read about it on AWN somewhere... Someone correct me. :)The Pixar/Disney deal is over after Cars comes out which is 2005, so waiting for Eisner to leave is not an option.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.