PDA

View Full Version : Dodge the mob

Just .inc
11-28-2004, 01:06 PM
Greetings gals and guys, this is my first post. This is a legs only study of a run and reaction sequence. Let me know what you think, le'me have your worst and I'll see if I can fix it. Thanks a lot for looking.

www.members.shaw.ca/slimmoo/Run.avi (http://www.members.shaw.ca/slimmoo/Run.avi)

744KB
170Fr
Enjoy

Slimmoo
11-29-2004, 08:42 AM
looks good, glad to see ur posting things on here, i'm gonna start to.

mttjss
11-29-2004, 06:01 PM
really har to tell if this is supposed to be comocal or serious. I am guessing by the reactions and the size of the objects, its comical.

With that being said, I would maybe try a more comical view with the camera and maybe add to the "legs" taking the corner in the beginning.
Also - I am guessing by the animation of the feet, you will not add an upper body. It seems like all the reaction and action are in the legs and feet.

Not bad..a little tweaking of your curves to smooth things out and play with the camera view...this could turn out really neat.

Will there be a "mob" after him that will see?

Just .inc
11-30-2004, 02:42 AM
Thanks for the crit. Unfortunatly what you see is the pretty much what you get I might try and fix the view and re-capture it just to get more crits but because this was strictly a study of run and reaction I didn't want to overshadow the animation of the character with the mob in the BG. I'm a bit curious what you mean by "maybe add to the "legs" taking the corner in the beginning." I'm not sure if you want to see them longer or perhapes improve the animation somehow. If thats the case is it a weight issue or pose issue? In anycase thanks again for the crit, I'll see what I can do with it.

paul.yan
11-30-2004, 05:02 AM
Nice animation! Framing, timing and posing are great! If there's anything to critique, it's the character's turn on the corner. His strides are too calm and I can't help but feel like it lacks the frenzy of being chased by a mob. I want to see him almost tripping over himself, his feet searching for new ground to take him.

GregRinaldi
12-03-2004, 07:28 AM
Nice job. IMO, the turn around the corner needs the most work. The motion as it is now is lacking the proper weight and kinetics one encounters when turning 90 degrees during a sprint. The first step (left foot) is the worst offender, his leg extends far out, but the timing is just too slow. I agree with Paul in that you would benefit greatly from some running in place or even skidding on his heels as he slows himself down to take the corner. Another thing I noticed was that when he reaches the dumpster, right before he stops, there seems to be an odd pose where his center of gravity shifts. I noticed it on the first time through, but unfortunately I was unable to scrub the anim (damned Windows Media Player). Good job overall, post an update if you decide to change anything.

Wilson-3d
12-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Fun animation. It is looking good. I wanted to mention that after the turn the first step that the right leg makes-the ball of the foot does not touch the ground. I think if the foot continued to roll to the toe it would add to the weight of it a lot. Nice job.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.