PDA

View Full Version : mental ray batch render stops at eevry 2 frame

dbluewolf
11-27-2004, 11:13 PM
HI all,
I have a funny problem. I gave 240 frames to render with FG and it rendered the first 160 with no probs. Then it stopped and says render complete. I started from 161 and found tht its stopping at every 2 frames.
I checked the render log, and it says
Error: (Mayatomr) : unexpected internal exception during scene rendering, please report

I have my final gather map builded and i am using tht map w/o rebuilding the photon again and again. But that shouldnt be the problem cause it did render first 160 frames smooth.

I searched in google and found some link tht says to export all the items and import to a new scene.. but for me its not practical to do so cause i have a lot of objects and i dont really have the time to export and import.

So, anyone has any solution?

Thx in advance =D

Dimitri

sunit
11-28-2004, 12:47 AM
http://www.highend3d.com/maya/tools/?section=NT&sort=dt_modified+desc#3160

look for harpoon. it's a render queue, network render manager, etc. setting the packet size to 1 frame will restart the mayabatch command every frame, which may get around your problems.

cheers,
sunit

dbluewolf
11-28-2004, 12:51 AM
Thx a lot Sunit, actually i was interested to know why its happening more than just to render it.
But thx a lot for ur post =D I will try tht out.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.