PDA

View Full Version : obj import problem and more..

bolek
11-27-2004, 08:27 PM
when I import an obj file into XSI, it's all black.. how do I import so it looks as it should without any textures. I exported without any textures from cinema 4d. Also, how do I change the manipulators so I can just hold click and drag to enlarge or move in direction I click the arrows like in maya/c4d ?

yog
11-27-2004, 08:58 PM
when I import an obj file into XSI, it's all black.. how do I import so it looks as it should without any textures. I exported without any textures from cinema 4d. Also, how do I change the manipulators so I can just hold click and drag to enlarge or move in direction I click the arrows like in maya/c4d ?

For the all black appearance, open the objects properties, there will be a section called Clusters, and under the clusters section will be a cluster called <something>Normals<something> , just delete it and everything will be OK.

If you go to Preference-> Tools -> Transforms , you will see a whole raft of transform matipulator options, including the ones your after.

bolek
11-28-2004, 12:31 AM
thanks ! that worked.. this will be a loooooong learning curve

alexfalchi
11-28-2004, 12:05 PM
yes but the problem don't finish here...beacouse if you import the obj file with the projecton map...if you delete the clusters,you loose the uvs map associate...i become crazy for this...
i'm import the obj file with uvs map...zbrush to XSI...if you don't delete the clusters the weigthmap don't work...and if delete the cluster weight map work good, but loose the uvs map:(
:(

ggggrrrrrrr.....

sorry my english.....alex

JDex
11-28-2004, 01:08 PM
yes but the problem don't finish here...beacouse if you import the obj file with the projecton map...if you delete the clusters,you loose the uvs map associate...i become crazy for this...
i'm import the obj file with uvs map...zbrush to XSI...if you don't delete the clusters the weigthmap don't work...and if delete the cluster weight map work good, but loose the uvs map:(
:(

ggggrrrrrrr.....

sorry my english.....alex
You don't lose your UV's if you only delete the User Normals cluster... at least I never have on 100+ meshes...

alexfalchi
11-28-2004, 01:31 PM
but if i i delete the normal clusters in automatic i delete the texture uvs...beaucose the uvs are inside the normal cluster folder...

alex

alexfalchi
11-28-2004, 01:53 PM
ok guys i resolved a problem....

when you import the obj file in the option file import you must choose "import clusters" and not "import a objet"....easy:)

alex

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.