PDA

View Full Version : simple problem

NemesiS153
11-27-2004, 03:02 PM
hi guys,

right all i want to do is have a Transparent object so i can see the guide behide it, I been using max for ages and all i would have to do in max would be change the opacity. But in XSI i can find out how to do and because its proberly so simple i cant find anythink on the net. This has made me go crazy and im thinking of throwing my PC out the window. Plz stop me form destroying my PC and help me out.

tks Nem

gent_k
11-27-2004, 07:22 PM
:D

Go to the Transparency/Reflection tab of your material > Transparency should be enabled > change the color to white or light grey, depending on how transparent you want it to be.

NemesiS153
11-27-2004, 08:04 PM
cheerz dude, simple when u no how :D

yog
11-27-2004, 08:23 PM
Yep, you can even keyframe the value from 0% to 100% the just slide along the time line whilst modelling to get different ammounts of transparency.

bigzendragon
05-24-2005, 10:39 PM
very similar problem - hopefully an equally simple solution? That works fine for shading - can something similar be done if the polygon has a texture applied?

dmonk
05-24-2005, 11:19 PM
Yep, you can even keyframe the value from 0% to 100% the just slide along the time line whilst modelling to get different ammounts of transparency.

As practical as that is, I have never thought of that. Thanks!

runejw
05-24-2005, 11:42 PM
Wireframe ? :)

Alternatively upper right corner of the viewport > Display Options > Shaded Mode > XRay Mode

Also you might want to enable Headlight a bit lower down.

Another neat thing is the eye-icon next to the camera icon on the viewport > bottom of theat list are "Visibility options" > Stats > Selection and Scene info which tells you the poly count.

Cheers,
Rune

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2005, 11:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.