PDA

View Full Version : scripting in fusion

peterpro
08-27-2002, 02:20 PM
is there a way to take a flow
and have some script go to each node, and take a snap shot of whats in the node and dump that snap shot into a folder.

so say i have 10 flows that i'd like to do that for..

could i then just feed those flows into this script and walk away and come back and have 10 folders?

pete
=)

this would be of couse used to create images at different stages of the flows life.

Jayk2k
08-28-2002, 08:06 PM
This is theoretically possible. You need to write a script that adds a saver after each tool, and point it to a logical directory. If you set an undo event at the beginning of the script, add your savers, and render your frame(s) then trigger an undo, it should return the project back to it's initial state.

Another less intuitive way might be to set each tool to "cache to disk" and select the targa format as opposed to the default "raw" format. It would then become a job and a half to sort through the caches on disk to determine what image belongs to which tool.

There a few people getting their hands dirty with the DF scripting on the pigsfly Digital Fusion mailing list, so that may also be a great place to ask a very targeted user base. (www.pigsfly.com)

peterpro
08-29-2002, 04:02 PM
sounds like a good idea.

i havn't scratched the surface of it yet.. but it's definately a time saver once you figure it out.

it would be awsome to be able to then after each image is saved out..
to assemble them into a composite that simply transitions from one to the next.

this way you get a comp that builds itself.
which is the goal.
so you can see in transitions whats been added.

pete

izyk
09-05-2002, 06:24 AM
Hello Pete

DFScript could certainly do this, and I like the idea immensely. What a great way to simplify creation of the "How it was done" video.

If I can get a little time free from writing the manual I will attempt to write a sample script that demonstrates the concept, for inclusion with DF 4.0 when it ships.

You would probably want some extra logic in there, like

- ignore resize, scale and crop tools
- dissolve color correction with a wipe, rather than a dissolve

That way the end result would be a little more understandable and dramatic.

Thanks
Isaac Guenard
Product Manager - eyeon Software

peterpro
09-09-2002, 11:18 AM
fantastic!!

i'm not sure how the scripting works, perhaps auto assembly upon compeletion of grabbing nodes, with perhaps a time question in the beginning of the script that asks how long transitions should be in frames not seconds.

thank you.
I'm currently working with worldwide effects by the way.

peterpro
09-13-2002, 09:56 AM
another useful script would accomplish a similar thing

a script that would extend one frame into infinity frames, and
then take all the merges and keyframe the blend from off to on, thus adding each merges contents to the final image.

you could have the script query the length of time each fade is.

=)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.