PDA

View Full Version : scene loading time waaaaaaay to long

AdrianLazar
11-25-2004, 11:39 PM
Hi again!
Something happend with the loading time on the scene that i'm working.
When opened, the loading progress bar stops for several minutes (~7-8 minutes) On the progress bar is writen: Loading Model: Gras_Model (227/288). What represent those numbers? 227/288... is enumeratin from 0 to 227, then stops and after several minuts it starts counting from 227 to 288 an then the scene il loaded, the soft body is computed and so on... When i save there's no problem, save the scene in seconds...
Any idee what can be wrong? I have no missing paths...
Thank you!

AdrianLazar
11-25-2004, 11:46 PM
ohhh... about the scene:
is only an character, enveloped on to a skeleton, has several soft body objects that are acting like bones for fat simulation, has syflex for some collisions...
the fact is that i removed all the objects, and all the simulations and the load time is the same

AdrianLazar
11-25-2004, 11:49 PM
an other ting... as i delete objects the numbers from the progress bar are decreasing, now it stops at the 12/13, so i think that the numbers represents the objects... is there any way to find out what is the object 12 from 12/13?

JoeW
11-26-2004, 07:39 PM
I'm a noob, myself, but I think I'd look pretty hard at my modeling operator stack to make sure it's not bloated - and freeze everything that didn't need to be there. Is your file size huge? (relative to the model itself) Are you running any kind of pre-calculation on your soft-bodies that might be causing the slowdown (maybe pre-caching the solution to a file?).

Another thing to try is opening a new scene and using Merge to bring in the other scene. I know that in a lot of other software, if there's some small corruption somewhere, merging a scene into a new one can force the software to "rethink" everything - and sometimes cleans up the problem....

These are just guesses.....sorry I don't know more.....:(

JoeW

AdrianLazar
11-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Thank you!

is really weird...
i deleted all the other objects (some assets, lights...) i freezed the mesh, is the only object, no envelope, no soft body, no syflex, nothing... just the mesh... and the same thing happens... huge loading time... i've exported the mesh as an obj, then i imported that obj in to a new scene and the loading time was normal
When i merge the same thing happens, huge loading time, also when importing model... only when i export and import as a dotxsi loading time is ok bur are lost some control objects and settings is i export as an dotxsi, so is not a solution...

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.