PDA

View Full Version : Softbody with shapeanimation

Eraq
11-25-2004, 10:18 AM
Hey Peeps!!!

Currently I am working on a project that involves some shape-animation together with softbody-dynamics.
Its a heart that beats and I need that "jiggeling" effect after each beat to give it are more realisic look.
So I did the "beat"-animation by combining 4 different shapes-keys.
But after I assigned a softbody-operator there is nothing - The softbody somehow destroys my shapeanimation...
I have tried to move the operator between the different construction modes, but nothing help. And I have not been able to find anything about this in the manual. I am kind of lost http://www.xsibase.com/forum/YaBBImages/huh.gif

So if anyone of you nice folks could give me some help, or maybe tell me the page in the manual that I have been missing, I would be very thankfull.

Erik

Facial Deluxe
11-25-2004, 09:48 PM
Can't really reply to this. I have not worked with the softbodies yet.
On the other hand I use the cloth (the classic one, not Syflex) in combination with shape.
Mainly for facial animation, adding some "jello" here and there (nailed with a weightmap), works great. I'm not sure, but it is possible it react differently if you call the soft or cloth when in animation mode.

Eraq
11-25-2004, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the answer, and for the suggestion - I will see if the cloth gives me that jiggeling effect I want.

I have not worked that much with softbodies in XSI too. They work a bit different than Mayas. In Maya you have a goalweight that gives you the effect I want, but there doesnt seem to be that option in XSI.

Erik

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.