PDA

View Full Version : brazil translucency

Lieven Standaert
02-07-2002, 06:27 PM
Hi,

I've been using the brazil beta for a while now. In the brazil material I can assign translucency and this gives very nice results, but now I want to render a translucent curatin on a window.

The room in lit through the windows, so light is cast through the curtain, or at least that's the idea. When backlit, I can't get the curtain to by fully white and illuminated, no matter how bright I make the lights. It's diffuse colour is white, but the material renders a flat blue gray (blueish lights there)

Does anyone has experience with this phenomenon? 2-sided rendering is on, a simple scene with a box and a light behind it gives the same results, it won't get brighter than a 999999-ish grey.

Million dollar question: how do I render the curtain brightly backlit, without adding self-illumation?

thx -Lieven

Lieven Standaert
02-07-2002, 07:30 PM
beeen reading the blurbeta board, seems there IS no translucency - or at least not fully working

Sorry to bother you guys....

-Lieven

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.