PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying XSI - and i need help !

DaVee
11-25-2004, 01:11 AM
Hi,
I worked with LW until now, but i decided to try XSI 'cause i saw some amazing animation tutorials. I downlaoded a demo, and Now i need help. If someone could drive me to good website or send me gold-tutorials that would be great and so marvelous ...:sad:

Thanks
David.

JDex
11-25-2004, 01:13 AM
xsibase.com
edharriss.com
3dtutorial.com
3dquakers.com
3dpalace.com

umm there's more, but that'll keep ya busy for a few months.

DaVee
11-25-2004, 01:17 AM
WOAW! ... so quick !

many Thanks
David.

DaVee
11-26-2004, 01:14 AM
Hi,

Second day with demo, well tried some little things (so little that i can't show you :scream: ). Now a little problem stop me :
how to put references pictures in diffťrents views?

Thanks
David.

JDex
11-26-2004, 01:22 AM
You can do it through rotoscope features or make image planes... both have pros/cons... do a search here and at xsibase and the html manual will help alot too... there is a really good breakdown on the ways to do this in some of the 3dtutorial tuts... but they are not free... cheap, and well worth it, but not free. If you are serious about XSI tho... those vidtuts and the dvd set from SI are must-haves.

DaVee
11-26-2004, 02:48 AM
I got it !
I'll try to make something tomorrow, going to bed now.
Thanks for tips JDex.
:thumbsup:
David.

yog
11-26-2004, 10:14 AM
Iím afraid I havenít got time to look it up myself, just running out the door.

But if you look on Ed Harrissís site there is a tutorial listed which goes into rotoscoping with image planes. The unique thing with this tutorial is that it makes use of XSIís ability to have different display modes in the same view port.

The gist of it is, you have a line drawing that you apply to an image plane, set itís display options to an Open-GL alpha texture and disable the viewport overrides.

What you end up with is just the lines from the image floating in space (the rest of the plane is invisible, whilst you can have any display mode for the rest of your model (wire, shaded, textures, etc).

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.