PDA

View Full Version : animation & sound

ROPA
11-24-2004, 09:46 AM
Hi All.!

I finished my last work for some own project and I want to show U some samples
I was working on animation with sound effects...

Take A look...

http://www.orkafilm.com.pl/argail/lv_warrior.jpg

Here is a link...

www.orkafilm.com.pl/argail/lv_scenes.zip (http://www.orkafilm.com.pl/argail/lv_scenes.zip) 3 MB mpg(ziped)

thx...

mikecarry
11-24-2004, 08:00 PM
That waa very impressive, both in animation and sound effects.

fallencat
11-27-2004, 12:57 AM
You get some pretty nice kung-fu animation there.. good pose ;)

can't wait to see the finished short... btw.. where did you get those sound effect ?

ROPA
11-27-2004, 09:20 AM
thx...

sound is from everywhere , internet most and from my friend sound studio...

animation is a rotoscoping based on some low quality mpgs form trickz.com (amazing thinks they are doing)

ROPA
11-27-2004, 10:30 AM
the idea was to study whole proces from creating idea to motion picture...
this time with material ready for big 2k resolutions , detailed textures models and real animation..

http://www.orkafilm.com.pl/argail/warrior_proces.jpg

the only part of process is missing is compositing , but soon i'll take care of this too

Tom W.
11-28-2004, 12:09 AM
I was going to say you animated that it looked rotoscoped and als it was, but you still did a kick ass job of doing it good job man heh:D

siouxfire
11-28-2004, 11:22 AM
Nice work - very impressive. Amazing stuff. I want to see more! :)

Mungo J
11-28-2004, 12:52 PM
quality work mate,

brilliant use of sound, it really enhances the animation, and you show amazing across-the-board skills with the quality of concept, modelling, texturing and animation.

recently i've been watching lots of "le parkour" stuff (david belle's freestyle city-running) and the team ryouko and other martial art tricks you're animating, and was gonna animate it, but i need to develop my skills a bit first (understatement!).

quick question, do you use ik for such complicated, twisting moves?

cheers.

ROPA
11-28-2004, 02:59 PM
it was a hard work
for example there are 15 1024x1024 hand painted textures to have this metalscraches look
just for the warrior model

rotoscoping is very useful to create very realistic animations , but it's very hard when U have only one side camera recorded and it's very compress quality and it's moving.
After all whole animation took me about 3 to 4 days

Rigging , this is very important . I was searching for good rig for 1 week hmm
For me the best rig is based on point constrain only , to every part of top body (chest , arms and head) Legs are normal IK , but there is problem with halbard or other two handed weapon.
If u are useing only rotation (normal bones) U have very good looking hands move but the weapon is almost impossible to animate smooth

and when U animating using rotoscoping , u actualy have to forget about clip and imagine thirt dimmension with so complicated move , u have to remember about body balance , if not U can forget about moving 3D camera in other position then on the footage...

Thanx..

jfelrod1960
11-28-2004, 03:24 PM
What software did you use for creating the 3D model, environment and animation?

ROPA
11-28-2004, 03:36 PM
....everythink is in MAYA 6 but with no special additions , simple methods...

ush
11-29-2004, 05:24 AM
Wow,nice animation and sound effect,of course modeling and texturing too.

rotoscoping is very useful to create very realistic animations , but it's very hard when U have only one side camera recorded and it's very compress quality and it's moving.

I agree.
I think it should be very hard work,not easy.:D
And there might be camera focal length problem too.

Great work,congratulations.:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.