PDA

View Full Version : Final gathering help again

sk72
11-24-2004, 08:02 AM
Hi,
please help me guys, I'm getting mad.
I've set a new scene with a dome and plane and a simple sphere, no lights and I've turned on the final gathering from the render globals using mental ray as a renderer of coarse.
the message (Mayatome startup failier) keeps comming in the script editor.
please help me.
thanks.

lazzhar
11-24-2004, 11:04 AM
Hi
What are you using in your scene beside the objects you mentioned?
Maybe you're using a texture in a file format that MR doesnt support( like tiff with lzw compression)? Or you're using a MR shader not well installed? Does your scene render when you disable FG?
Try to check your scene to debug it, and as an ultimate solution post it here and you'll find tons of helps.
Good luck.

sk72
11-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Hi, lazzhar,
thanks for the reply body, actually I've been struggeling with this for the last two days and believe be I can't sleep because of it.
apparently I have a problem somewhere with MR in general and not only FG,
The MR seems not working at all, I'm using Maya 6 and this is the first time I'm using MR, as you see I'm new to Maya.
the last thing I've tried is to place only a sphere in my scene with one point light and a simple blinn material (no texture involved) and I've set the render using MR on, no FG or GI was involved at all, the following message keeps coming through:
// Error: (Mayatomr) : mental ray has stopped with errors, see the log //
// Info (Mayatomr): Aborted
I have no clue of what's going on, is it a software bug or something else.
please.. any kind of help will be appreciated.
thanks. :cry:

Randolph
11-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Are you working with a virginal Maya installation or did you install any custom MR shaders?
In this case, check wether you install the correct version of them and if there are any typos in the "maya.rayrc" file.

sk72
11-25-2004, 06:57 AM
Guys,
I think I have some problem in the installation of Maya, I'm using OSX and I can't find the MR files at all, I think I better to install it again and let's see what happen.
thanks a lot for the help.
cheers.

lazzhar
11-25-2004, 10:00 AM
Yes, most of the times MR doesnt render and return the error you mentioned because the MR Custom Shaders that arent working. Better clean your maya.rayrc file as said Randolph, or reinstall Maya. I's suggest the last one if you dont bother about details, it works most of the time.
-lazhar

sk72
11-25-2004, 02:27 PM
Guys,
Finallllllllllllly :bounce:
I've reinstalled Maya and.. yesssss MR is working again, I don't know what's happened
Now I can sleeeeep, appreciate the help.
thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.