PDA

View Full Version : testing humour

vfxmatt
11-24-2004, 07:25 AM
Hi all

This is an rnd test for a concept im Devising at the moment.I would like to create a series of short clips with this character as the underlying humour.

This was created in Lightwave 7.5c and I used realflow for the blood.I Love Realflow!
Im currently moving into Xsi on account of the fact that the animation tools are far superior.

PLease let me know what you think?

http://www.matoons.com/movies/anim_002.mov
P.S this is my first work post on cgtalk.http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/grin.gif

Kanga
11-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Link is no good: object unfound,.... but I am on firefox!

Look forward to seeing it.

vfxmatt
11-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Yeah sorry man,i was in a bit of a rush to post and i forgot to check the link,My website has a script in it that is buggering around with the url.

Soooo im going to get on it tonight or tmr morning and fix it.Sorry man,but hey if you want you can go to the website. its

www.matoons.com (http://www.matoons.com)

and just follow the directions to my movie sections.

And thanks for letting me know the link doesnt work.

chow:thumbsup:

Kanga
11-24-2004, 01:55 PM
Woooooah!

Didnt see the short but checked out the showreel.
I'll wait till the link is fixed.

Very very slick,.... entrance to the site cute as can be but with top quality.
Showreel had a nice quick rythem to it that kept me watching and I really liked the 'explaination' shots.

Great work.

vfxmatt
11-24-2004, 02:39 PM
hey thanks man

appreciate your opinion.Well iv just fixed the problem.so the link should work now.And

im going to post some more stuff later tommorrow,but thanks for your comments.

Kanga
11-25-2004, 04:14 AM
Yeah I saw it.

Couldn't find anything wrong with it so you will have to get crits from others!

I can tell you what I liked about it was the smoothness of the quick motions. I find that a chalenge at the moment, did you just use 30fps or a quicker frame rate?

Well done looking forward to more in the future.

PS Never going to swear at a woman again!

vfxmatt
11-25-2004, 08:23 AM
thanks for the reply.

Well i always animated at 25 frames per second.Its a habit from working on Commercials and stuff.

The thing with the animation technique called snapping,is that its all about practice.Sometimes think out A seq then i put the character in the poses at various times in the animation.

Then when im done ,i play it back in real time and when i feel he shoud change to the pose i move the key frames to were i want it to happen.Thus the timing will always be good.

Well Thats how i do it.Its never failed.

I mean to just start animating without a Blue print is madness. :banghead:

DaddyMack
11-25-2004, 07:45 PM
I mean to just start animating without a Blue print is madness. :banghead:
Now he tolds me...

Funny piece, great reel onsite suethsayer. Well done:thumbsup:

An alternate ending with more 'impact' would be if the power of the shot made him spin a quick 360 offering Realflow a bit more fun and maybe splattering the camera a bit. Also whatis the projection from the shoulder at 5sec mark?

vfxmatt
11-26-2004, 07:02 AM
I believe that is realflow going wrong on that frame.I dont see it in the opengl ,so only when i rendered it was it apparent.But im not worried,this is an rnd piece,so im not going to loose sleep over it.

And your right,it would be more impactfull for him to do that.mmmmm,in the next one ill have him do something a bit more commical.thanks for your opinion.Greatly appreciated. :D

Pinet
12-22-2004, 06:53 AM
Wooahh...

That guy that gets shooted in the head is freaking violent ! :)
well done hehehe

pollywoggles
12-25-2004, 03:43 AM
I liked it!

It was fun to watch. Surprising.

Here are a few suggestions. Maybe you could have the gun cock first... to give context to what he says (i.e. so we know what's going on off screen and gives the character a reason to react with what the other guy does)... it might make the ending even more surprising.

Perhaps, you could have just a few seconds of surprise registering on the characters face... not long enough to give the ending away... but enough for us to register the emotion.

Yeah. It was fun to watch.

FireEyeC
12-30-2004, 04:47 AM
WTF?!?! That definately caught me off gaurd!! :scream:

lowpolygon
12-31-2004, 12:14 AM
It is pretty cool. But for reason the lip sync just don't seem right.

Speech seems a bit faster than the actual aniamtion. Otherwise I like the idea of it.
:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.