PDA

View Full Version : USATODAY:Are we in a golden age of videogaming?

RobertoOrtiz
11-23-2004, 10:45 PM
Quote:
"Are we in a golden age of videogaming? It looks that way from here."
>>Link<< (http://www.usatoday.com/tech/products/games/2004-11-22-golden-games_x.htm)
-R

balistic
11-23-2004, 11:49 PM
Very typical USA Today article on gaming.

I do think things are looking better than they were a couple years ago, but as far as it being a golden age, I don't know . . .

The hype about Halo 2/HL2/Doom 3 doesn't seem any different to me than the console launches of Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter 2 (anybody else remember September 13, 1993; "Mortal Monday"?) . . . it's just that more people have gaming platforms now.

lanedaughtry
11-24-2004, 01:23 AM
I would say we're at the beginning of the golden age.

However, its definitely holiday season in video game land...

-L

hobbes17r
11-24-2004, 01:48 AM
Very typical USA Today article on gaming.

I do think things are looking better than they were a couple years ago, but as far as it being a golden age, I don't know . . .

I hope we're seeing the "Golden Age" of sequels, though somehow I don't think that's the case. Don't think one game in this author's list wasn't either a sequel or a continuation on an existing series. As much as I love playing my copy of Halo 2 on Live, it's kind of worrisome that not one of the big holiday releases in such a high-profile season features a genuinely fresh story or gameplay experience...

Zeruel the 14th
11-24-2004, 04:58 AM
Golden age my arse.

'Golden age of sequels' does sounds about right though. Maybe i don't pay much attention anymore. But it seems like there are fewer 'a grade' titles anymore...and for all the time and money it takes to make them now...they don't lend a whole lot of hours of entertainment. Ah well.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.