PDA

View Full Version : 15 Minutes, 30 Characters And Some Laughs, Heber Conde (Animation)

Heber G Conde
11-23-2004, 07:24 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/2486/2486_1101304901_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/2486/2486_1101304901.jpg)

Title: 15 Minutes, 30 Characters And Some Laughs
Name: Heber Conde
Software: 3ds max

Hi everyone,

Id like to share with you guys an animation we have recently produced here in Brazil. It is a 15-minute video, with around 30 characters, all in 3D, with 3D Max.
It's a funny story about a family and how they deal with pain in their lives.
Although the video is spoken in Portuguese, weve made versions with subtitles in English and in Italian (thanks, Andrea), so that you guys can understand it.
I would really appreciate your comments. The address for the page where you can select the versions is:
http://atitude.com.br/english/ConvArtrite.htm

Thank you! Please let us know what you think!

Regards,
Heber Conde
Atitude Digital Media
Brazil

D-3
11-23-2004, 11:16 PM
im see this inumeral times Heber!! very cool, nice story line/shots, impressive animation!!!

that is!! Brasil power! heheheheh

five star man!!!

i waithing the next sort/work!!!
c ya!!

unwrap
11-24-2004, 12:51 PM
Great animation, nice cartoony characters.
I wonder if I'll have those pain problems when I grow old LOL .

HelderConde
11-25-2004, 10:06 AM
Hi everyone,

Is highly possible that most of you guys who tried to download the video were not able to complete the download properly.

As the file is quite large (90 MB), it seems that the server that is hosting it was "timing out" people. I strugged with it until around 3 in the morning :buttrock: and now I seem to have found the solution.

:thumbsup: So, good news: in theory you now can download it! So I politely request that those almost 400 people who tried downloading it, please try again. I'm confident it will work. If it doesn't, please contact me in private: helder.conde@atitude.com.br . I do want to make sure the download is working fine.

Again, your opinion about this animation is very important to us and we do appreciate your attention and your posts.

Thanks in advance for your comprehension. Now stop reading and get back to that modeling you were doing :)

Regards,

MrSolo
11-26-2004, 12:56 AM
Hi,

AWESOME work dudes!

Really amazing wath 5 guys can do in a really short space of time!

I really reccomend this one.

Send more!

Cya.

BartokDesign
11-26-2004, 01:05 PM
The animation is awesome , everything is good on this work.

5 Stars:eek:

Ppl dont be lazy and download this movie.

ZNP
11-27-2004, 03:42 PM
Excellent!

Maybe people judged the work as a 3d still pic, because it's not in the animation forum. But they should forget the pic and give the big download a chance. I did it and found the 15min video surprisingly good!

Fine animation and screenplay, as I already said in the 3donline forum!

And there go the stars!

Heber G Conde
11-29-2004, 09:47 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to thank you guys so much for your comments! :) I do appreciate you taking the time to download and watch it.

But, hey! Where are the other 530 people who downloaded it (the English version) and didnt comment?

Come on, guys! Let us know what you think! ;)

We asked the moderators to move this thread into the animation forum, which hopefully will be done soon. In the meantime, please send your comments!

Thanks again, guys!

Regards,

Mungo J
12-01-2004, 06:20 AM
Great work guys, bob's range of expressions was great, and the slo-mo bits in the football match were hilarious, brilliantly over-acted!

hmmm.. i think i might go to the doctor as well! my hips been playing up! thats depressing, im not even 20!

jawee
12-01-2004, 07:14 PM
awesume !(how does you spell that?) i like it alot!

HelderConde
12-07-2004, 11:16 AM
Hi guys,

Just wanted to thank you guys for the comments and the moderators, for moving this thread to the animation forum.

Also, I'd like to understand one thing: we've had almost 1800 downloads of this animation so far (including all versions), but yet not many people commented on the thread...

I was wondering: are you guys actually being able to download it fully? I'm asking you this because, in the beginning, people were having problems to download it. I believe it is fixed now, but I just want to make sure... Did you guys manage to watch it?

We intend to produce more animations like this in the future and we do value your inputs...

Thanks, guys.

MattH
12-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Awesome work. The humor is humanity based, not culturally based, so it crosses the language barrier fully intact. Good job!

I love that this is done in Max. Was everything about it completed in Max?

HelderConde
12-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your comment. Indeed, every single frame was made in 3DMax 6 (this movie was finished before June 2004). Obviously, we had compositing work and stuff, but the 3D part is all Max.

We had only 5 people involved and the production took around 5 months. Every single aspect, from script to sound is created here, inside Atitude, in Brazil.

The animation took only 2 months! Since we had only 3 3D artists, we're talking about 15 seconds per animator per day! :banghead: Of course, there are scenes we definitely would like to look better, but the final result seems reasonable, considering the amount of time we had.

We have a making-of document that's currently written in Portuguese, but I can easily translate it to English, if you guys want. :deal: It's a non-technical, general description of the aspects of the production. Let me know if you're interested.

One thing that we could discuss is how countries that are not in the mainstream 3D markets are currently developing quite good 3D productions. We've seen a whole lot of good materials from Spain, Romenia, India, among other, including Brazil, too. I'd like to know your opinions about this and how the 3D demand is going in these countries.

I hope you guys enjoy our movie. We've had almost 2000 download so far! Thanks, everyone. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Heber
12-10-2004, 10:33 PM
cool stuff there, i didnt know there was anyone else with the same name as me on this planet.....hehe cool.. :)

Heber G Conde
12-11-2004, 02:58 AM
Hi Heber - Ive never thought I would say that one day.. in fact its a bit surreal! For a moment I thought someone have changed my avatar! :buttrock:
Thanks for comment. Im happy that you like it!

Moonlit Matt - Thanks a lot man! Everything was done in Max - without 3rd plgins, except for the Character Studio ( that is not "3rd" any more :thumbsup: ). Photoshop for textures and AfterFX for final composing. I am a great fan of Max too and I have saw your great work with proceduras! Its a very productivity package, dont it? Thanks again, man!

HelderConde
12-11-2004, 07:06 PM
Hi,

Heber Conde just forgot to mention that besides Character Studio, we've also used ClothFX for the Professor's clothing...

It is a pretty cool plug-in, and as far as I know it will be available soon for everyone subcribed to Discreet's subscription program, which is great.

Regards,

HelderConde
12-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Hi, everyone

Just wanted to thank you guys for the almost 2200 download we've had so far (December 15th, including downloads from different forums).

Some people contacted us in private requesting smaller versions. I agree that, for some people, those 91 MB were a little too much... So we decided to make a smaller version, with half the resolution, at 41 MB.

I know it's still a little heavy but, come on, we're talking about 15 minutes! :)

So, for those of you who wanted the "light" version, please download it clicking here (http://www.atitude.com.br/demos/downloads.asp?Video=http://www.webmeeting.com.br/atitude/atitude-livinginpain-small.zip). (41 MB) :thumbsup:

Again, thanks for your interest. Best regards,

stephen2002
12-18-2004, 01:03 PM
I thought that video was very well done. The style was consistent throughout, and there were not many places that I saw need for improvement. Espeically considering the time frame for the video, it certantly gets the point across (a rather dull one) while remaning entertaining.

There were a few issues here and there with the joint deformations, I noticed that knees and such would squash down when the characters bent, but considering the style that was not too distracting.

Really great work with consistent style.

martind
12-20-2004, 03:22 AM
I was so impressed in this, not only for it's animation and general "feel", but as a tool for marketing. I work at a pharma and directed our marketing people to the atitude site.

As I am just a hobbyist, I can only aspire...

M

AndHolzmeister
12-20-2004, 04:22 AM
WOW!!! 5 months, 5 guys!!! 15 minutes 30 characters... WOW!

Hi Heber and Helder, quite an acomplishmente here my friends! I feel good that Atitude is growing so much since i saw that "final fantasy inside the body" job you did quite a few years ago. Long life with atitude! :)

HelderConde
12-20-2004, 01:43 PM
Hi everyone,

Again, thanks so much for the comments. We did work hard on this and its nice to see good comments (although there are some parts I wish we had had time to improve).

Andre Holzmeister, thanks for your comments. Boy, you remember that "Inside the human body" thing?! That was possibly 4 or 5 years ago! What a memory! Thanks for your interest and for following up. Being a Brazilian, just as us, and specially being such a respected artist around here, receiving comments from you is always an honor. :bowdown: We do appreciate it.

MartinD, youre right when you say that this movie is actually a marketing tool. We do try to make it funny, engaging, nice to watch, but were always driven by the marketing and communication needs from our client, Pfizer Brazil. Im glad that they see this type of video as a usefull tool for their business. Its nice to see that you seem to agree with that. Thanks so very much for your comment.

Just an update: weve had 2,386 downloads so far (December 20th). This is much more than we had ever imagined. Thanks so much, guys. :thumbsup:

Regards,

DimitrisK
12-20-2004, 08:49 PM
Great work. I like your characters. Keep up the good work

giloosh
12-22-2004, 04:49 AM
nice work! the characters had great personality, i almost forgot they were fake people for a sec ;) even though the subject was boring, you guys made it very entertaining, and even got me thinking to start sitting straight up on my chair as much as possible!
Great job, its good to see your using chracter studio to animate your characters,i dont feel left out now.(since i also use it)

smaddl
02-28-2005, 01:10 PM
smiled all the way :bounce: great humorous movie :thumbsup:

HelderConde
02-28-2005, 01:32 PM
You guys got to me kidding! It's been almost three months since the last post on this thread, and now we get a new one! And now we're back on the first page of the forum!

This is so nice! Thanks for the feedback. We've had 3901 downloads until Feb 28th, 2005. I wish most people also took the time to comment, as you did.

We do value your inputs! Thanks again,

SirShufflelot
02-28-2005, 11:40 PM
It was very entertaining to watch and did a great job of making an educational subject not boring. The characters were great and there were some pretty funny scenes. Very inspirational, I hope the best for your studio, for the amount of work that you pulled off at such quality in short time it would be sad to hear you guys dont go on to be a success.

Heber G Conde
03-01-2005, 03:06 AM
Thanks a lot my friends for all this comments!

Great you like the characters! Thanks a lot for all the critics and suggestions!
There are really some problems with the knees! :scream: We will solve it for the next one! :thumbsup:

Thanks people !!!

Regards
Heber

tuncaksoy
03-01-2005, 08:19 AM
CONGRATULATIONS
You have 4 stars =)

I think this is sample of Excellent works

bry
03-01-2005, 03:31 PM
Hi,

great job!

It's also a very nice iniciative to do an educational video using 3D animation and a such an appealing aesthetic!

Bom trabalho!

Bruno

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.