PDA

View Full Version : Antivirus & XSI

dmonk
11-23-2004, 10:52 AM
Antivirus & XSI
Can anyone reccomend any antivirus software that works well with XSI?

I heard XSI and Norton don't mix well.

ThE_JacO
11-23-2004, 10:56 AM
AVG is free, updated very frequently, not obtrusive and works fine with XSI first go.

I think it's on www.grisoft.cz or www.grisoft.com

dmonk
11-23-2004, 11:50 AM
Thanks!I'll give it a try. I had adware softwareo n my computer, but yesterday my computer just rndomly powered off, which bothers me. I just reformatted my computer a few weeks ago. I'm hoping that I just forgot to update a motherboard driver or something. I didn't install norton because I've heard of people having trouble with XSI and Norton.

Art Of War
11-23-2004, 01:45 PM
i tried Kaspersky Anti-Virus with xsi , no problem ...
Just try it ..

3DDave
11-23-2004, 02:22 PM
I have no trouble with Norton. The only Norton issue I had was with System Works and the registry scan, it made XSI not run. A re-install and disabling registry scan solved the problem.

Vertizor
11-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Another vote for AVG. And just FYI, I've used various programs that scan the registry (AdAware, SpyBot Search & Destroy) and none of them upset XSI.

Rabid pitbull
11-23-2004, 05:25 PM
I agree that norton antivirus is fine with xsi, it is the windoctor(registry scanner) in system works that can be a problem. You must look very close at the response fro this scan some 4000 errors are in fact xsi entries. All you need to do is tell it to ignore them and it will not change anything.

I will also say that systemworks is not alone in messing up xsi registry entries. JV16 powertools, another excellent utility also detects xsi incorrectly. Only about 20 entries which also can be ignored.

I don't think i will get systrmworks again, just norton antivirus.

JDex
11-23-2004, 07:00 PM
Symantec Corp and Norton works for me... but AVG is quite good and free.

Devenish
11-24-2004, 02:51 AM
I am using Avast ( http://www.avast.com/eng/free_software.html ) and have no problems with XSI 4.0. Also for home use Avast is free too! :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.