PDA

View Full Version : MR: Texture jitter/flickering

ajsfuxor
11-23-2004, 04:24 AM
Hi everyone

Im having a great deal of trouble with MR and texture jitter/flicker in my animations. Im using some of the default Maya wood texture shaders that come with the lib, and as soon as the camera pans around my object, the texture has a great deal of small little jitters/flickering. Has nothing to do with FG either as it happens when rendering without it.

Doea anyone have any idea what i can do to solve this issue or has anyone else had the same problem? Im assuming it has somethin to do with either

a) The texture filtering in the file node eg quadratic, mipmap etc (although i have tried all of them)
b) The sampling settings in MR render settings

Someone suggested to me to use mipmap filtering, and sure it solves the problem but it just blurs the hell out of the textures.

I have played with all these settings and still no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BillSpradlin
11-23-2004, 05:41 AM
Would you mind posting your render global settings for your sampling? You can also try turning the "Jitter" option on to see if that alleviates some of the problem. My guess would be that it has to do with the filter settings as well as your rgba sampling settings. If you have your min and max sampling set to say 0 and 2 or higher, then I would tend to lean towards the former as the issue.

ajsfuxor
11-23-2004, 05:43 AM
Ah....fixed the problem by tweaking the contrast settings :)

Thanks Bill

lazzhar
11-23-2004, 09:56 AM
I've got a lot of flickering when I was rendering very sharp textures with MR(it was some texts and a logo). I just used a highed sampling of 2/3 to get rid of that flickering in animation, but honestly it doesnt make sence at all because the rendering time was huge when you know that I just have simple objects where I didnt use any FG or GI or even Raytracing.
Someone here suggested to use a lower sampling and use a double resolution then resize down in the compositing. He said that it worked , I didnt tryed it yet though.

Good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.