PDA

View Full Version : Weight map for deformation?

HellBorn
11-22-2004, 10:44 PM
I'm trying to use weight map in order to create morph targets on a poser model.
No problem applying a map and the deformation and paint.
Seems to work really nice actually.

There is however one thing I not could get to work in a usable way and that's to make it possible booth make the surface move in as well as out.

How do I (if possible) set up weight mapping so that I can paint the surface so that it moves in both directions.

I suppose what I'm looking for is how to apply a 50% paint on the compleate model and get that 50% to look as the original model. Then when paint is added the surface moves outwards and if pain is removed it moves inwards?

Ablefish
11-23-2004, 12:25 AM
No prob. Find your weight map and open up the weightmap generator node. Set the Weight Value Range to Min -1, and Max +1. Set the Push operator amplitude to 1. Now, if you remove weight, it will depress the surface.

HellBorn
11-23-2004, 11:22 PM
Can not get it to work.

I apply a weight map and then a push deformer.

Sets the minimum weight range to -1.
Then when I set the amplitude to 1 the models turns into a ballon, it sure looks funny but it's not what I want;)

I can get it to look normal again it I turn down the Base weight to 0 but then there is no paint to remove so I can only make the surface move outwards as before.

Ablefish
11-24-2004, 12:56 AM
Setting the base weight to zero is correct, you only want it to push where you add weight... did you try using the r-mouse to actually Remove weight though? I get a Red 'color' for negative values in a weight map and it depresses.

HellBorn
11-24-2004, 08:41 AM
????
Arghh.., could it be that right mouse makes the add actually remove instead?
I'm at work so I cant check now but if so...I have to say arghhh again.

I was pretty annoyed yesterday as I could not figure out how to substract paint in the same soft way as I can apply it using add and opacity. Tried all the other buttons but could only remove to absolute values or all of it. If Add not just adds but also removes using the right mouse buttons it would explain quite a lot (except why the heck the button is named Add rather than spray,paint,apply or something else that not suggests an add only function) ;)

Seems as there might be an extra bonus when I get home from work today!!! ;)

Ablefish
11-24-2004, 03:38 PM
Check out your status bar when you're in weight painting mode - it'll tell you what the mouse buttons do. Lmouse is Increase Weight, Rmouse is decrease weight, whether you're in Add, Reveal, Erase, or Smooth mode.

Actually - it's strange but if you press Ctrl-W to get your brush properties and look at the Weight Paint Mode, it describes Add as Normal. It's only on the weight paint menubar that it's called Add.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.