PDA

View Full Version : PA Challenge - character - Facial Deluxe

Facial Deluxe
02-07-2002, 03:44 PM
Pffff... Am I the only one who have work to do or what ? I see everybody having fun here, that's unbearable !;)
Ok, here's my thing. Don't know if I'll model it (time/work).
At PA age we mutate in this (please note that he has a helmet:o )

http://mapage.noos.fr/facialdeluxe/Elephant.jpg

Peace to all..

Facial.

Neox
02-07-2002, 03:49 PM
LOL!

Facial Deluxe
02-07-2002, 03:58 PM
Thanx Neox, LOL is the best comment !!:D

And special to your "KEEP ON MAXING!" tag :
If you don't see the Light you'll suffer the Wave.
If you see the Light you'll surf the Wave.

Héhé, just kiddin'.

Cheers.

Facial.

Black Mariah
02-07-2002, 04:56 PM
ARGH! NAKED ELEPHANT MAN! NOOOOOOOO! Dammit, give him a thong or SOMETHING, PLEASE!

Also, I tried the Light. Then I Waved goodbye. I need my edges! ;)

Jhonus
02-07-2002, 06:39 PM
LOL :D

hey, whats that thing between his legs?

Seriously, thats one dope picture!!

pascal_blanche
02-07-2002, 06:50 PM
you should find time to model this guy, huhuh really funny, it changes from what we are used to see here ;)

Facial Deluxe
02-07-2002, 07:01 PM
Replies, I've got replies !
Krugar, try to remember before you changed to skull an bones (refering to your Avatar), it's something I use very often indeed.
Unfortunatly, mutation only affected the head the rest of the body kept his loyal proportions.:D

Pascal, the guy who couldn't find the time... Héhéhé.
C'est de ta faute grand, t'avais qu'à pas t'y mettre aussi !
Mais bon là j'suis sur une grooosse prod, avec plein de nuts en jeu (et une présentation au ProMax si tout continue comme ça), Alors bon, faut pas que je m'éparpille. Mais, oui, j'ai la souris qui me gratte....

Thanx all for the joy comments !

pascal_blanche
02-07-2002, 07:03 PM
bah voila.. un mec qui met des picts avec des c.. et fo que ce soit un francais :D :D :D Jme disais bien aussi... avec un nom pareil... uhuhuh

muckywetnoodle
02-07-2002, 10:25 PM
Har, I think that should be a Beer can he's got there!

Totitch
02-08-2002, 02:20 AM
Very funny model Facial-Deluxe!

Tu peux faire de la réut pour la trompe! ;)
Ehh mais au fait!
j'trouve qu'il y'a beaucoup de français ici...
Que les Frenchy lève la main pour voir...ici dans cette rubrique...
(j'crois que je viens de foutre le bordel là...:D )

Scuse me for the other but merde quoi, I'm null in English!

Jhonus
02-08-2002, 04:44 AM
Sorry, you stumped me with that reply :)

It is a skull... but not bones. But are you suggesting I am missing that piece of flesh?

full avatar pic (http://dickmygoose.com/images/hopper/Hopper4%20copy.jpg)

sigma
02-08-2002, 04:48 AM
lmao that is freakin hillarious. model him!
.......with a Thong!

AJ
02-08-2002, 04:54 AM
I can see it now... A time traveller awakens from a thousand years of icy sleep. He steps out into this new world, bleak and barren before him.

He shields his eyes from the searing sun of the new world - then from the elephant penis in front of him...

:p ;)

Can't wait to see more (artwork) - mebbe he could wear a trashcan for a pair of slacks... :D

seig
02-08-2002, 01:19 PM
oh yes Babar! So this new race is not human, it's babar-ian?

Name: Co-kan the Babarian
Job: male stripper

Oh I forgot to critique...hmmmn...nice repetition of forms! Bwahahahahaha!

Bien joué!!!:D

oh i need to find a crayon....

Facial Deluxe
02-08-2002, 08:09 PM
Ok, I'm on it, 1 day (since this morning) modelling, except for the arms (precious model).

http://mapage.noos.fr/facialdeluxe/Elephant01.jpg

log
02-08-2002, 08:32 PM
Sweet! :D

erwinriau
02-08-2002, 09:58 PM
amazing to see your character turns from one perspective pencil drawing to devined 3d model, specially in one day.

I wonder what technique you use to model your character...

I am still learning how to do it. WAX On Wax Off :)

nice work man keep the good mood flowing :)

Facial Deluxe
02-08-2002, 10:13 PM
Hello all,
I didn't answered to anyone as an unpolite guy !:rolleyes:
Well thanx all, at least it makes you smile.

So I started it, not that easy to make it look like the drawing, there's something in the pencil I loose with 3d. The stroke of the pen is far away from the bezier... I'd like to make it really fleshy not too muscled.
Erwinriau, I started from a box and smoothshift, etc...

Cheers.

Facial.

Totitch
02-08-2002, 10:30 PM
really good but he seems to be bigger on the sketch!
More stomac...

il a peut être fait un régime entre temps...:D

PS: J'viens d'comprendre...Jedi,vendredi! très con!:D

seig
02-09-2002, 01:26 AM
Daaaaaammmmnnnn!!! Very bizarre!
Will he have more legs-feet-accessories?
His further evolution and developement will be interesting to see!
go man go!

sérieusement, tu es impressionnant avec ta vitesse.
je jouais le p'tit con, pardon...mais c'est rigolo-ho-o.
J'aime vraiment c'que tu as fait...
(et anne t'dit bonjour. ;))

Facial Deluxe
02-09-2002, 01:47 AM
Seig my friend,
Thanx for the comment. Where were you? I havent seen you today in our tête à tête thread. I'll send some GI pic in a few minutes. And for the accesories, in the very thirst sketche he had some knees protections, but I'm not very good at accessories. I've always drawn naked body or super heroes shaped body (the same without penis:D ). But I love flesh, wanted to ask, what do you think of Liberatore ?

Cheers.

Facial.

seig
02-09-2002, 02:20 AM
Hi Facial...yes, our tete-a-tete..I haven't forgotten, but maybe it should fall into the oubliettes? We can start a new one when I have more to show. I know, I didn't answer some of your questions. Patience mon gar, patience! :)

Tanino Liberatore? I've seen a little... he's a wild one... love his style.

I can see you are motivated, great things come from that energy. go man go! a+

Facial Deluxe
02-09-2002, 02:45 AM
A few renders

http://mapage.noos.fr/facialdeluxe/Elephant2.jpg
http://mapage.noos.fr/facialdeluxe/Elephant3.jpg

See ya.

Facial.

NightFox
02-09-2002, 02:56 AM
That's scary. That's the last thing I'd liked to see sneaking up on me in a wasteland. Hell, wouldn't you run if you saw a giant mutated Elephant, naked and walking up to you?

Other than that, it's an awesome model. :-) nice.

It'll be cool to see the outfit he'll get on.

LiFE
02-09-2002, 03:09 AM
hey facial
man, i love this design ! your style is very smooth how you make the muscles in the body flow like that.
great detail in the ears

blc318
02-09-2002, 03:21 AM
I think the 3d model would look alot better if the muscles were very subtle like in your drawing. Too many artists are wanting to just throw huge muscles and definition on their models. Sometimes the simpler way is better. I think its a great character and the modeling is good I just think the reason you lose so much from the drawing is because of the muscle definition. Just my 2 cents.

Facial Deluxe
02-09-2002, 03:27 AM
Bc318, I think you'right. But are you talking about the hole thing or only the arms ? Also, I'm having troubles doing fleshy modelling, although I'd like to. I take an advice /tips .

Life, would you like some wires ?
NightFox, Thanx !

blc318
02-09-2002, 03:30 AM
Well the chest looks ok. Just take a look at the sketch and your model the arms are the main thing I saw but I think you could less define the chest also. It will look better and in some ways be easier to model with less polys:)

Facial Deluxe
02-09-2002, 03:35 AM
Ok, the arms are a re-use of the previous challenge, I didn't refine them. I'll give a try to the chest but don't know when, got to stop the challenge for a while.

Thanx.

Facial.

blc318
02-09-2002, 03:38 AM
sorry I didnt notice you said they were a re-use but I went back and saw it:D

Marc Andreoli
02-09-2002, 03:39 AM
ca, c'est ce que j'appellerais du "trompe l'oeil":D

nevermind...
-marc

p.s:GREAT work, love the ears and eyes...

dzogchen
02-09-2002, 03:40 AM
Great model, very nicely done. ( I can't help but noticing the resemblance between the elephant trunk and the penis - LOL ehh.... wait a minute which is which....? )

erwinriau
02-09-2002, 06:28 AM
"The arms are reused from previous challenge", oh my I was tricked! this is the biggest scam ive ever experience since that long distance phone company! eheh :)

man that is a very good idea tho, i will recycle my character arms and legs also, I dont feel like doing all of them over again(since I can't reproduce the same arms and legs twice :) ).

man i love the details on the ears the holes... fabulues. they r not alpha map right ?

keep it flowing :)

cheers

hobbes
02-09-2002, 06:54 AM
mouahah i like it! keep it on dude!i'm agree with you about a more fleshy style.
so cool....

yon dabuda
02-09-2002, 03:44 PM
hey, your modelling is fantastic, its very clean and subjective.

big b
02-10-2002, 07:34 AM
You Efffin ROck Dude!!!!!!

sivel
02-10-2002, 07:58 AM
wow, just love it :D
great modeling, your arms and your hands are so...great!
j'amerai bien avoir quelques détails sur ta façon de modéliser ;)

Facial Deluxe
02-10-2002, 01:57 PM
:D Quick update, worked yesterday... The IK is basic (no hierarchy yet !) don't be too rude with bad deformations.:o

http://mapage.noos.fr/facialdeluxe/Elephant4.jpg

Facial.

seig
02-10-2002, 05:55 PM
Hey he grew some legs! go man go!
One suggestion, maybe thinner at the wrists, just a little maybe.
Great to see you have some time to work on this. Salut.

Facial Deluxe
02-10-2002, 11:54 PM
Hey Seig, what do you mean the wrists ? You mean hands or feet (not sure of my english), if hands might be because of the bad IK there's bulge that shouldn't be there. If feet, well I'll think about it, it's not really finished. But elephants' feet are pretty straight (I've been to the zoo today to check).
Any opinion about the fleshy look ? I tried to improve the arms (less muscles), what do you think ?

blc318
02-10-2002, 11:57 PM
Yes I think these arms look better. He's starting to look more fleshy like you wanted:)

seig
02-11-2002, 02:30 AM
hello Facial...les poignets, but maybe they are fine as is. Remarque, even the fattest on earth taper (s'effiler) at the wrists. The ankles (chevilles) too, but not on elephants.:)
I noticed you changed the zizi too, I liked it before when it resembled the trompe, but this is more statuesque or statuaire? For the "special protective clothing", maybe you could use the previous petite trompe over the realistic zizi, sort of like un pagne rond qui s'enroule autour... just an idea, you know what you're doing. Eventually you will also make the weapon?... there is still alot of time for you to fit this within the guidelines...if you want to. He seems less superhero too...mon avis, il est mieux comme il est maintenant.
Maybe more stomache, maybe less evidence of the ribcage (cage thoracique). The arms look great because he needs strength there... glad to see you agreed with the other comments about softening his musculature. But the knees?
tu me donnes envie d'essayer qqch aussi, j'suis pas sur d'y arriver a temps...
Ah yes Gambetta, tout pres a Pere Lachaise. salut mon-ami-cyber.:D

DimitrisLiatsos
02-11-2002, 04:47 AM
Oh man i like the pencil design..and i like very much the model..keep on, i want to see him finished.It's great

I also agree that you have to loose a little bit the muscles on the arms ..they are very ... big

P.S : i work mainly in Maya but i saw the LIGHT and I surfe on the Wave of Lightwave's Modeler ...so keep on strong !!!
Cheers

yon dabuda
02-12-2002, 03:13 AM
hehe. dont feel bad. i didnt think it was unappropriate at all. hehe maybe it was our jokes :)

Facial Deluxe
02-12-2002, 03:33 AM
I'm completly shocked...
It's a nightmare... Why? :confused:
And this C Baker that explains me moral... :o Litlle piece of sh. mad:
It's a naked body! nothing else...
He hasn't got an idea of what he has done.

I must change my software quickly... ::mad:

yon dabuda
02-12-2002, 04:09 AM
i totally understand, i was shocked as well. i think it was more inappropriate on his part to remove the posting. all you were getting were positive feedback. i guess he doesnt see it like that.
im going to have to give him a little bit of whats on my mind.

cerreto
02-12-2002, 04:50 AM
must be cold looks like he has a lil shrinkage ;) good work and along your style facial !! no crits here

seig
02-12-2002, 08:59 AM
Happy Mardi Gras-Carnaval Facial!!! Tu vas faire la fete sans doute!!!:D :D :D

Keep going Facial, you're work is formidable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-JT-
02-12-2002, 11:45 AM
Wouahahaha ! Un éléphant çà trompe énormément ! :D
Great work, very imaginative ! (i still wonder what a shrink could think of that .... ;-) ).

xtrm3d
02-12-2002, 05:51 PM
dit paapaaaa ??? comment z´ont fait les bebes ????

hi,
ist´s a great one...
can not wait to see him textured ( en bleu bien sur )
really nice work...
i am sorry for you with the thing at the lw forum

one more time.. really great work
box/cylinder modelling or extender ?

salut

christophe

Bionic Antboy
02-12-2002, 07:18 PM
Hey Facial,

I originally saw the model on the other site, but it disappeared. It's very well crafted stuff. Keep it up, no pun intended!

Antboy

Facial Deluxe
02-12-2002, 07:41 PM
Hi all and thanx for the support, it warms me a lot !
At the moment the challenge is in stand by, I'm involved in something else. Hope I could finish it on time.

Seig, carnaval will wait, too much work.
Yon, Xtrem, Bionic thanx a lot, thanx for joining me here.
Cerreto, Jt and all the others you're comments are too kind, thanx a lot.

BTW, a big thanx to the moderators of this place for their open mind. This image was deleted from Newtek site due to genitalia representation...

Cheers.

Facial (qui a un peu les boules).

erwinriau
02-12-2002, 07:54 PM
hey facial....

so nice to see it done and posed...
I wonder what kind of rig you use to righ him ...

i am having trouble rigging mine specially arround the chest area

much thanks

:)

Jhonus
02-13-2002, 02:58 AM
Wow, Newtek has no balls. Thats so lame... I thought humans got over that a few centuries ago?

"No! Penis's do not exist! There is no such thing!" - quote Newtek

Facial Deluxe
02-13-2002, 04:12 AM
you were wrong...

Jacobo
02-13-2002, 08:10 PM
that's one hell of a model.... You are truly talented.... Looks like anything but post-apocalyptical but it is just wonderful even to watch.... Excuisite work!!!

Aj

Equinoxx
02-13-2002, 08:16 PM
WHAT !!!!!!!!! there's a penis in there . . how'd I miss it . . . where's me Nuke button . . .

just kidding ofcourse.

it's lookin excellent FD. very orignal. but ya better not make it better than mine or I'll have nuke it for having nudity in it ;)

Facial Deluxe
02-13-2002, 09:05 PM
Wooohooo !:D
2 cools comments ! thank you guys, btw, yes I know, I can't help with rules. But hey, who knows what will be after PA ? Perhaps we'll stop clothing and go back to nature ....
Héhé, don't worry equinoxx, my character is a peace one, his weapon should be a sling. And what, after PA you would nuke again ??;)

PS to Erwinriau, as my IK is not top yet, I can't really help you.
Unfortunatly I'm on something else at the moment, but I'll tell/show you when it'll be done. BTW, try to buy Inside LW7, there are a lot of good trick concerning IK.
or just go there and look forward :

http://members.home.com/lightwavetutorials/Main_Menu.htm

Facial Deluxe
02-13-2002, 09:07 PM
And thank you to the 2 mads that gave me 5 stars !

BASSit
02-14-2002, 10:36 PM
Hi !

You´ve done a great job with that mesh...i really love the ears ! Superb modelling !
Hope to see him textured soon ;) And when will we see him with all the needed stuff for the challenge ?
I think the most complicated thing is to set up the sceleton - that´s really time-consuming, right ?

Do ya best to win da challenge ;) !!!

Wish you luck !

Facial Deluxe
02-19-2002, 02:10 PM
No time to work, just another test render before I fall into the limb.

http://mapage.noos.fr/facialdeluxe/ElephantHDRI.jpg

Spirit2029
02-19-2002, 03:32 PM
haha this is starting to form up good. Model is excellent, dont know what to add. just keep going with it, I like where your headed

Spirit2029

fellah
02-19-2002, 04:03 PM
yuck, cover that dick up please :D

crits:
I don't really know the english name for it but the "keybone" might be it, it's the one over the chest area. it seams to wide and deap for me and forces the shoulder area to be small. I hope you see what I mean cause it wasn't easy to explain with only words.
overall, really superb modelling.

pabbloz
02-23-2002, 02:26 PM
hahahaha :D :D :D
It's awesome!!! really funny!!! :D :D
Excelent modelling and rigging!

OZ
02-23-2002, 08:34 PM
You are totally MAD!
fantastic work MAESTRO!

parallax
02-23-2002, 09:49 PM
what a strange little critter. very unusual, though original.

fellah>> i think you mean collarbone ;)

CHRiTTeR
02-25-2002, 10:10 AM
Awesome!!!

Only one crit.... I really think u should put some more volume on those toes (nails)

PS: I'm a MAX user and I like it, but I have nothing against lightwave. I don't understand why most other MAX-users do. So let us stop this foolish war & get ourselves some cheap beer ;)

Keep "it" up!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.