PDA

View Full Version : problem scripting blendshape setup - help!

deepsea37
11-22-2004, 09:56 PM
I have been banging my head on this for a couple of days now and wonder if anyone has had the same problem.

Basically, I am scirpting the setup of all my blendshapes, both facial blendshapes and corrective blendshapes for fixing joint deformations. My script reads a folder of obj files and creates blendshapes for each mesh. The facial BShapes are front of chain, and the corrective joint blendshapes are parallel.

Here is the problem, when I try to add another target into any BShape node I have already created (except for the parallelBlender node) I get this error:

//Specified blendShape not found in history of body_mesh

They are definitely in the history of the mesh, only the parallelBlender is always after them (further down the chain).

This error keeps me from adding new targets to the facial BShape node or the corrective BSnode. I also cant put in inbetweens.

I get this error even when I try to go through the maya UI. The problem seems to be the parallel blender node.

can anyone help me here???

thanks.

syntetik
11-22-2004, 11:45 PM
Hey Deepsea,

I havenīt any experience with parallel blendShapes, but I share your opinion that itīs somewhere in parallel bShape nodes. Could you use other kind of bShape queue like Before?

Iīm interested in your script reading objects from *.obj files. Do you use file -import command?
Also which version of Maya do you use, M601 probably?

deepsea37
11-23-2004, 08:44 AM
syntetik,
yeah, I think the parallel node is the culptrit. As a workaround, I am going to try and setup the facial blendshapes first ( as front of chain) , before the paralellBlender node is created with the corrective BlendShapes.

I like to scipt all of my character setup, so if anything changes (skeleton, bindpose, etc) then I can just execute my rigging scripts and things are redone for me in matter of seconds. Having all the blendshapes in objs is great too since they can be imported, setup and then deleted, keeping the scene light. It also allows you to identify shape problems go back and modify them in your modeling program of choice. A good workflow.

of As for gettting at all the obj files, I use this:
getFileList -fld $directory -fs ("*."+$fileExtension)
for($file in $fileList){
file -import -type $fileType -rpr $name -pr ($directory+$file);

These are the basic commands to get all the files in a specified folder, and then loop over the files, importing each one. There are a few nuances in the naming and finding the objects that are imported ( since the file -import command does not return the imported objects), but nothing too hard. (using maya 6 but should be same in other vers.)

Still working on the original problem in this thread, if anybody can help out please

syntetik
11-23-2004, 11:27 AM
Thanks deepsea! Sorry I didnīt help with blendShapes. When things stuck this way, I use to send the sample file to my Alias reseller.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.