PDA

View Full Version : New Session?

Remi
11-22-2004, 02:26 PM
Hey sheep:) How about a new session for the month of Dec? I'm really in need of one. Hope we get one soon.:) If you need ideas...drop me a line and we can brainstorm bro:)

Suricate
11-22-2004, 02:56 PM
Yep, another session would be great! :bounce:

RaisedByWolves
11-22-2004, 04:57 PM
We could organize one without the Sheep guy, we just obviously couldn't award the ceremonial trophy picture.

It just wouldn't be official - more of a practice animation session.

I'm sure someone has three or so themed and suitable wave files.

~Raised

Remi
11-22-2004, 05:28 PM
I don't think it would need to be a session that has dialog...maybe, I don't know...I was thinking maybe something along the lines of someone opening a present and capturing whatever feelings they have after without any sound or anything...but if you someone has something better in mind...I don't care at all...just ready for a new one:) Perhaps we could start brainstorming right in here...so drop any and all ideas.:)

SheepFactory
11-22-2004, 05:58 PM
no organizing without me , hold your horses.

i am sorry for the delay guys , things were pretty crazy , but the new one will be announced tonight around 12 am

Remi
11-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Hehe...figured that get you going:) I would never step on your toes kind sir.:)

NatXotic
11-23-2004, 05:43 PM
:)
Get something i can do!
Bouncing Ball! Wahoo!

titaniumdave
11-23-2004, 05:52 PM
I vote for spinning cube! ;)

Frelp
11-23-2004, 06:09 PM
Steady on! How bout gently-moving-to-the-left-a-bit-cube..?

ssloan
11-23-2004, 06:20 PM
hopefully i can get in on this, if i get the time.

i need the practice

mojodesign
11-23-2004, 07:07 PM
...if only this session had gotton started earlier. I don't think I have time to finish this one by Christmas.

SheepFactory
11-24-2004, 02:03 AM
next one will go for 2 weeks instead of a month.

announcing in 4 hours or so... ;)

ewerybody
11-24-2004, 12:15 PM
no organizing without me , hold your horses.

i am sorry for the delay guys , things were pretty crazy , but the new one will be announced tonight around 12 am Did I miss something?!?! Don't wanna be late!! :eek:

2 weeks is all enough I think, isn't it?
And RaisedByWolves? Its not only about that waves. Aren't there caracters You can Work with? But OK. The soundfiles is the must! The thing the competition is about.
Whould be my first one, but I know I can make it. I know it!
:D

NatXotic
11-24-2004, 02:49 PM
next one will go for 2 weeks instead of a month.

announcing in 4 hours or so... ;)
Hehe, seems you got lost in a time trap.
;)

titaniumdave
11-24-2004, 03:49 PM
Its the sheep timezone, something like -40 GMT. ;)

RaisedByWolves
11-24-2004, 03:51 PM
That Sheep guy is obviously very busy.

The contest does not provide you with free models, Ewerybody, but it does encourage you to seek the multitude of free models that are online. This is cause the purpose of the competition is to demonstrate good animating skills, not modeling and rigging.

I know in past sessions that scary troll thing and that bald guy have been very popular models to use. They are already fully rigged and have a great range of motion/emoting.

Maybe someone who knows their current URLs can post them?

You'll have to search for the exact rules, but they want one camera (no cutting to different views), viewing the whole model (this is a full-body animation competition). Ideally, they want the character on a plain background -they don't ban scenery or environment elements, but they are not to be considered when choosing a winner.

Oh, and they have a certain quicktime format that they prefer for export.

I don't know, Mr. Wolf jump-frogging a sheep, it's gettin very tempting to just post three wave files on here...

~Raised

SheepFactory
11-24-2004, 04:12 PM
dammit , I came home and dsl was not working.

I am just preparing a example movie for this session , it is different from anything we have done before.

but by all means , if you are itching to animate , start doing something on your own.

titaniumdave
11-24-2004, 04:14 PM
Maybe someone who knows their current URLs can post them?

I believe this is the site. http://www.rigging101.com/

but by all means , if you are itching to animate , start doing something on your own.

And its time to get right back to working on my scene. :thumbsup:

NatXotic
11-24-2004, 05:51 PM
And its time to get right back to working on my scene. :thumbsup:
Aehm, is the theme already announced? I'm clueless.

titaniumdave
11-24-2004, 06:30 PM
No its not announced. I have a few wav files that I'm starting to animate with. So while I wait for the new theme to be announced I can get busy and practice on my own.

Remi
11-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Sweet sheep...can't wait man.:)

Loki_5
11-25-2004, 05:51 PM
Must animate, neeeeeed animation fix nowwwwwww!

Perhapse something in the style of Didgit's EA animation competition? (which may well be makeing a return at least in the uk, so sayeth a source).

SheepFactory
11-25-2004, 07:19 PM
whats that loki?

do you have a link?

vitorvilela
11-26-2004, 10:31 PM
Hey!! I'm already in!!

Can't wait anymore mr. sheep pleeeeeeeeeaaaase :scream:

C-Ya
Vitor Vilela

ewerybody
11-28-2004, 11:59 AM
Hey RaisedByWolves!
Thanks a lot! Very kind of you to explain :thumbsup:.

Seems to me like I just missed the last session and now its than phantom thing that never shows ("duke nukem for ever"). Like the fishing rod you're running for but is always directly in front of you.

titaniumdave: The site seems cool. But kinda distorted. Every Image I receive here is broken and the zips won't open. Is the server fallen victim to a EMP-Attack?! Never seen something like that. Anyone gotta mirror?
And plzzzz!! show us the files you already practice on! Maybe we can match a little on that :scream:

harmonic01
11-28-2004, 05:00 PM
Eh, probably won't have time for this one. :-( But hey, I made a free rig for max 5 and up. So if anyone want's to take it for a spin. go here www.3dluvr.com/clisk3d :-)

Mr. Incredible
11-28-2004, 08:28 PM
hey harmonic01- thanks for the free rig. I just downloaded it and I love it so far. I am fairly new to character animation but I'm going to try it out. thanks again.

sensai2nd
11-29-2004, 07:44 PM
geeez, still no new session?!?

Breinmeester
11-30-2004, 06:33 AM
Come on Sheep, hit us with another monologue one!! December starts tomorrow....

SheepFactory
11-30-2004, 07:30 AM
Come on Sheep, hit us with another monologue one!! December starts tomorrow....

Thats exactly what i am waiting for :)

Breinmeester
11-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Ah ok! I have to do a 10 seconds lipsync as a schoolproject. Would love to combine it with a challenge.... I will hang on untill this weekend to finally choose my audiosnippet....

Loki_5
11-30-2004, 06:06 PM
Sorry it took so long to get back here, i've just been finishing up on my work contract,

the EA competion was in 2003 (i think) and may well run again next year (2005, haveing asked Matthew Jeffery of EA at the 'SAND games/commertials' show in swansea in the UK,
his answer being "yes I was sucsessful for us" and "..we may well run it again yes.").

I consisted of produceing 5 (again, i think) motion cycles (hero) with character
with a maximum duration of 30 seconds.

I just think it would be nice to do something with no lipsync/sound covering the basics of character animation.

Haveing had a look at a couple of things that did well, it seemed they where primarily looking at basics like timeing and weight as well as pace. Although haveing good story telling skills seem to help (funney did well).

mikefeil
02-12-2005, 01:35 PM
I guess everyone right now is pretty hyped up for the opening of animation mentor, its probably a cool time to start a new challenge maybe.

? :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-12-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.