PDA

View Full Version : Masking using psd's?

mandark1011
11-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Hi
I am new to zbrush2 so im not up on all its capacities. Is there a way to use a texture file as a mask while freeform sculting? The problem im running into is that my lines are too shaky and the geometry is orbital so projection master isnt working for me? I think..... Thanks for the help!

TVeyes
11-22-2004, 11:40 AM
You can use any texture in Zbrush as the basis for a mask on your model. By importing your texture into the Alpha palette you can apply it to your object through pressing the Tool : Masking : Alp button. If your texture is in the Texture palette you can either convert it to an alpha or use the Tool : Masking : Int, Hue or Sat buttons to apply the texture as a mask according to the textures Intensity, Hue or Saturation.

A black and white image will yield the same mask when applied through Tool : Masking : Alp or Int (Alpha or Texture).

If you have the UV layout it should be fairly easy to block out your mask in Photoshop. But have you tried using PolyGroups? I am not sure what you want to do, but I think hiding/showing geometry with the aid of polygroups is closer to what you want. There are tutorials on this in the Zbrush 2 in program help file.

mandark1011
11-22-2004, 06:49 PM
thanks alot TVeyes i appreciate the help!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.