PDA

View Full Version : Biped Keys Keep On Reseting,Please Help.

effilang
11-21-2004, 06:09 PM
Hey guys im hoping u cud help me out here.

Im trying to animate a Bipeds Feet for a jump.

So in Frame 0, i key the Vertical and Horizontal Movement of the COM aswell as Anchor the Left and Right Feet.

Now Frame 0 is all keyed in and everything is fine and dandy.

I move onto the next frame and Raise the Bipep up on his feet simulating the anticipation of a jump and set a Key there.

Then as soon as i scrub the time slider frame 0 turns into the frame i just created.

Why am i getting this? It is realy Frustrating! . . . . I am not a nOOb at animation,obviously i'm just a nOOb with Bipeds.

Can someone please explain.

Thank you.

kevinw
11-22-2004, 12:02 AM
I'm not completely sure I undrestand but it sounds like you're forgetting to turn the anchors off of your feet after you set your initial keys. If you leave them on then the feet will always stay where you last moved them.

when you turn the anchors on, set a key and turn them off, you should get a little red dot near the toe. This is to indicate your in IK mode with the feet. You can go back to fk (when the feet move with the COG) by turning your IK blend back to 0
0=fk (hands and feet move with the COG "bip01")
1=ik (hands and feet stay where you put them)

Hope this helps. I haven't been in the max world lately so I'm going off of memory on this one.

grury
11-22-2004, 09:04 AM
Dont quite get why you using the anchor feet.
Just set Slidding Keys on the feet when your character feet are on the ground, and set Free Keys when your character is in mid air.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.