PDA

View Full Version : --- A Little Angel ---

guillom
11-21-2004, 11:35 AM
hello !!!

I started a little model this week end and think it could be fun to do normal map ( but i don't know how !!! ) :)

anyway i finish my model and started zbrush ... with few hours screaming in my room because of this interface i don't understand, i found some tips, and i think now it's an amasing way to add details on my big angel but i have to learn a lot ( i think i lost so much time ...anyway for a first step ! )

1500 tris and a first pass in zbrush
much more t come...

http://azcreation.chez.tiscali.fr/images/3D/full-res/angel01.jpg

http://azcreation.chez.tiscali.fr/images/3D/full-res/angel_zbrush01.jpg

i don't know for the moment how to smooth the little bug that make these model very slackness ( if anyone know to make clean shapes ! :bounce:

guillom
11-29-2004, 09:47 PM
well i manage to do a normal map of my guy but it seems that it's not good ( just one color , don't understand even with hundred of tut ) :cry:

anyway i'm back with a hand painted texture ( i'll try to learn ZB much more after that ):wavey:

C&C are welcome

very sorry for my use of english... still try to communicate :D

http://azcreation.chez.tiscali.fr/images/3D/full-res/angel02.jpg

EVIL
12-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Haha, Nice stuff! "Who's the cute little angel, Who's the cute little aangel!!"

Prs-Phil
12-02-2004, 07:32 AM
hehe cool idea

I would make his stomache a bit fatter and his feet even shorter to push the design.
The face fits great.

The model is good allthough you are using quite a few faces for his penis. Also the loops around his knees need to be optimized.

His texture is coming along allright but it still doesnt look crisp enough. You also have alot of heavy dark parts (around the shoulders fa.) wich has a big visual impact on the image.

I personally think the Zbrush model is coming along niceley but I don´t think I´m qualified to give crit in that highpoly field because also I am still experimenting in that field :)

Keep us updated :)

PS: You might want to use a simple plane with opacity for the holyshine :)

dpizzle
12-02-2004, 08:30 AM
i love the design,
and i agree with phil about using a plane with transparency, unless you could spare the polygons.

awesome

Chris. F.
12-02-2004, 11:03 AM
it looks really nice ( the Chars and the Textures ) but I think u should put more contrast ont the texture, it looks flat.

Keep on it :)

PS : Try to texture ur model in Grey scale with many contrast and put the color as final touch ;)

guillom
12-02-2004, 12:43 PM
ok thanks all of you for your crits it makes me work better:thumbsup:

Prs-Phil i agree with all your suggestions

i planed to use a simple plan for the holyshine

also i think i'm going to redisign this char a little bit

Chris.F. good idea for the grayscale ( i think i'm gone to use this technik next time ) but it's just a wip

it's just the first step of texturing, i want to add veins and little details to make the skin more realistic and also contrast ....

dpizzle :bounce:

:D work for an update....

guillom
12-20-2004, 10:26 PM
not finished yet but a good update for the time i have spend on it

i'm on the hand and the back

working also on seams :D not very easy with a model without clothes :scream:

i ve to add skin bump little veins, injuries ....

the legs doesn't work very well ( wip for the moment) because of deformations.

welcome everybody... for crits :)

http://azcreation.chez.tiscali.fr/images/3D/full-res/angel03.jpg

dmonk
12-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Nice! It would have been cool to see the Zbrush version work out, but i think you've donw a great job witht the hand painted textures. i liked the red version a bit more though.

Matt
12-20-2004, 10:31 PM
The contrast is interesting, but way too much in my opinion. It reminds me of something from early screenshots of Daikatana.

cg_sprite
12-21-2004, 12:39 AM
That is so nice, It would be even better to see a normal mapped version from your z-brush version. but still nice. keep it up.

smolski
12-21-2004, 03:22 AM
Nice work!!:thumbsup:

PIMM
12-21-2004, 04:29 AM
Looking really nice man. You know how to pull out forms. The problem is that everything is at the same level of contrast. If you zoomed out to about 20 feet away, he would blend into a bunch of blobs. Try making a new layer in your texture set to soft light, and using only a black and a white brush, see if you can pull out his head and chest, and push back the legs and arms. Then collapse that layer down and do some painting to make those new values work better, but keep the overall contrast. That and you defantely should have a few smoother areas that are not so contrasty.

guillom
12-25-2004, 12:01 PM
eh all !

thanks for your replies

i'n also working on the normal map version but my workflow is not very good on it for the moment.

i try to push out a zbrush version interesting otherwise i'll do not use zB on that model

PIMM : THANKS a very very good idea :thumbsup:
it help me !!! :bounce:

sorry for my english and merry X mas :beer:

SquirrelyJones
12-27-2004, 08:51 AM
The quality is great, but on the muscles it looks like out of control GI. Try lighting the top part of the muscle and shading the bottom with only a little highlight in the middle.

Jason-Lavoie
12-27-2004, 01:14 PM
This whole time, I never noticed the wings, ha ha, that just makes this model evern cooler.

It seems that everything is to defined witrh the texture, but it looks great, i "works" with the character, so all I can say is keep it up :)

Looks great by the way :)

DTRAN
12-29-2004, 05:31 PM
I like the model but the texture is way too busy/out of control.
I think his chest looks flat compare to the rest of him.

Also it looks like we're looking at his muscles under his skin. Do you know what I mean?

-d

guillom
12-30-2004, 10:19 PM
Squirrely Jones
Jason-Lavoie
DTRAN

thanks for your encouragements and your advices

DTRAN "we can see the muscules under the skin " it's what i wanted to show :)

i'm working on seams and connections ....:D

sorry for my english !

http://azcreation.chez.tiscali.fr/images/3D/full-res/angel04.jpg

Chris. F.
12-30-2004, 11:55 PM
Hehe very nice chars fun etc
but i guess at some place the texture isn t so "readable"
like the forearms.

But it's a real nice work :thumbsup:

faz222
12-31-2004, 03:19 AM
'lut Guillom

I agree with most of the comments people made so far.
I like the model but the contrast on the texture is way to much I think.
As PIMM wrote, I think you are placing too much contrast at the wrong place. For example the legs and forearm attract more attention than his head. If you can manage to make people focus on the important area of the body it'd look much better.
Right now it's really difficult to read :shrug:
Le model est cool en tous les cas et chui un fan de : http://azcreation.chez.tiscali.fr/images/3D/full-res/lapinouwip12.jpg
:)

Matt > Daikatana ... lol ... but yeah :P

franklyn
12-31-2004, 06:23 AM
hey the texture work is AMAZING i love the way the muscles come out but id like to ask you what problems you had with the normals map ?
ive been playing with it for a while now and might be able to help ?

guillom
12-31-2004, 11:36 AM
thanks all of you for your replies

all of you are right , i did'nt manage to make the muscles like everyone tell me
but it's very difficult at this step of my work to go back.. sorry :shrug:

but these advices are very precious for me, for others characters that i plan to do .

Chris.F : i know now it's not easy to "read" this texture to much details and muscles :sad:

faz222 : salut mon gars, merci pour le lapin même si le design est un peu loin de ce que g fais

franklyn : thank you ! :) check your private messages...

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.