PDA

View Full Version : invizzy gurl wip

NOOB!
11-21-2004, 11:06 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/noobeene/susanwipness.jpg

HI this is my first art post here *apart from the space opera stuff*

my name is Nubian Greene i'm 16 and still learning new stuff.
right now the background perspective is f'd,but it will all be fixed with coloring

crit the hell outta me so it can be perfect.

Sunbane
11-21-2004, 12:05 PM
Hey, this is looking very promising! =)

If you're this good at 16, you'll surely be a cg god by the time you're 20. ;)

I really dig the colors and the texturing you're getting in there. I think the only crit I have at the moment, is that it's not clear what lightsource is illuminating Sue's front - with the overall backlight, you'd expect her front to be in shadow. But I figure that things will be clearer once you proceed with the picture, because I can see that you have a good grip on lighting. =)

The clouds don't really look like clouds I think, but they look kinda cool the way they are. With all the details they are real eye catchers.

This is going to be awesome. Good luck with it! ^^

NOOB!
11-21-2004, 12:12 PM
yes,thanks glad u like. the cloud look like crap i agree lol,they need to be softer,i'm searching for good tuts.

the front lighting,i figured there would be light coming from the front *from the sky u can't see in the image* and since she is gunna be partially invisable the light would shine through her???

she is gunna fade away by the time it gets past her knee,that wud explain why she has no feet and the legs are eeeeeeww.

haha i hope to be a coloring god by 18 (hopefully)

i need to do clouds properly and links???

NOOB!
11-21-2004, 06:02 PM
more comments or crits would be much apprciated.

El-Rodente
11-21-2004, 06:48 PM
Hey, this is looking very promising! =)

If you're this good at 16, you'll surely be a cg god by the time you're 20. ;)

true but you should see some of the people over at pixelDEV (http://pixeldev.net)
pixelfish is 13, but he doesnt do so much CG, more pixelart, but still pretty darn impressive

not got time to read through the posts so sorry if what i say is repeating, but the number 4 badge, the bottom half should be displaced along with the body, should be moved to the right if you get what i mean

the wall looks a bit... papery, maybe add some more depth to it? im not sure how, maybe angle it a bit? if its gonna be too much work though, dont bother

also when shading, make sure you dont pillow-shade, pay close attention to the lightsource, so if the main LS is the moon behind her then there should be a strong higlight over her shoulders

all i got time for, sorry

NOOB!
11-21-2004, 06:52 PM
yeh i was thinking i need to angle the wall too,looks a lil flat even with the textures.
btw whats pillow-shade???

JARhead
11-22-2004, 01:28 AM
Her left arm thats reaching oot seems to be too long. Other then what people already said, it looks good!

NOOB!
11-22-2004, 07:39 AM
ah,yeh i see that now,thanks!

NOOB!
11-24-2004, 07:45 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/noobeene/e5e3b247.jpg

just a rough of what i might change.

1.angeled wall....don't worry it won't be red,and it will have bricks i added another part of a wall on the right side of the pic to make it seem like an entrance or sumthin.

2.i think i should move that hand up slighty as the arm appears too long for me.

W-I-L
11-27-2004, 04:43 AM
the angled wall looks now as if it is hitting her and it kind of losses her momentum. I am sure it will read better when the bricks are in. Are you going to add detail to the front hands? I love the sky in the background. lighting is great. on some of your shading are you using low opacity black? If you are then don't. Some simple colour theory will tell you what colour to use. Church perspective is a bit off unless you wanted it like that . . . and it all looks a bit angled for my taste. Have you drawn it and then scanned it in and painted or is it all done from scratch in photshop? has a good sense of depth

NOOB!
11-27-2004, 09:44 AM
thanks,looks like it hitting her??? how wud u suggest i change that??i'm sure when i add sum shadow it won't look as crappy.

yup detail will be added to the hands,yeh church looks off cos its not yet complete,its just ruffed in,and no i'm not using low opacity black *ew!*

yeh i scanned pencils in and working on top of em,i removed the penciled layer though.

Nacher
12-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Iīd agree with the rest of the guys, the first problem is the un-defined light source, and the secondone would be, I belive, the palette, watch it over, try to create atmosephere, a cold one I belive...

Thatīs my 2 cents-

ajay1589
12-05-2004, 12:03 AM
is it me or is a piece of her hair falling out? O and the church "gutter" or w/e that is called needs to continue over the top of the roof

i can tell this piece is gonna be pretty good!

ps:im 15, hope to get a grasp of wat ur at by the time im ur age

irwit
12-05-2004, 04:50 PM
I think its decent but you could do with bluring some of the background abit. detail up on the focus of the image and blur out the background abit. Knida attracts the eye away from the action

NOOB!
12-05-2004, 05:29 PM
i thought this topic was long gone in like page 23 of this forum lol.glad people are replyin now.

nacher: thanks,yup i'll try to fix my lightsource trouble more in-depth later,trying to focus on backgrounding right now.

ajay:hah! the hair will be fixed eventually,i'll fix the church after i get the perspective right.
cool to see sumone almost as young as me here,i've been drawing *seriously that is,not talking bout none of that crayola crap* from when i was eight.so that wud explain why i am a bit ahead.but i still think i suck lol

irwit:i kinda have to finish the background before i can blur it :P i wll blur it eventually

anyways since people continued to reply ,here is a slight update.still fixing and working out the background,i'll focus on the character a lil later.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/noobeene/invissywip.jpg

NOOB!
12-10-2004, 04:14 PM
............ok

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.