PDA

View Full Version : give this monkey a map.

jonestation
08-26-2002, 05:52 AM
Hi there;
I creat this moneky in MAX R3, it is a single mesh. I try to map this using UVW and Unwrap, but the final unwrap is very crowded. Any suugestion on Maping it?
Thanks in advance.

Tumerboy
08-26-2002, 07:09 AM
I'm curious what you mean by "crowded"?

If a UV map is done right, there should be no space left over, every pixel of the map should be used by a polygon, so it should seem "crowded"

Anyway, let me know what the problem is specifically and we'll see what we can do.

jonestation
08-26-2002, 03:50 PM
I have some polygon not assigned in the final unwrap windows "crowded" . Is my step correct ? :

1. Edit mesh
2. select face, all
3. give ID = 1
4. select monkey face, give ID = 2, and so on for the rest of body.
5. selet ID =2, UVW mapping(planar).
6. UVW unwrap, edit the polygon so it doesn't 'stretch'.
7. edit mesh, select body(id=3), UVW mapping, unwrap.
8. continue for all the monkey model.
9. Finally, with no sub-object selected, UVW unwrap.

The UVW unwrap will show only triangle face ?

Thanks for reply.

leigh
08-26-2002, 03:52 PM
Hey jonestation, check your email ;)

jonestation
08-26-2002, 04:00 PM
I have check the mail, and I have reply... :-) Thanks for rapid reply.
But I still blur a bit with the steps.

jonestation
08-28-2002, 05:51 PM
Can I just assign UVW map to patch(this monkey was created with surface tools), that is before I convert the model to editable mesh. It is easier to adjust the vertex in patch mode. Will the map be desort or go worng if after I assign the map to the patch model, then I convert it to editable mesh for riging ? Or I just collapse it all to editbale patch after mapping, and assign skin modifier on the model.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.