PDA

View Full Version : Mouse wheel in XSI: How?!

Defonten
11-20-2004, 07:15 AM
Could anyone tell me - can I ZOOM IN and OUT using my mouse wheel ONLY? And one more question - are there any KEYBOARD shortcuts for zooming in and out WITHOUT mouse dragging? I mean can I zoom uzing my keyboard only? Thanx!

stefanosoik
11-21-2004, 03:42 PM
you can use Shift+Z to activate the Rectangular Zoom Tool but you still need to use your mouse :P

Carpenter
11-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Well, I am only going to say what my setup is, it's not the solution that you are looking for, but maybe it is worth a try for you to look into it.
I have a Microsoft mouse that has the wheel (ball, whatever ) right where your thumb isthe 3 buttons are by my fingers. I press the middle button, then scroll the wheel with my thumb... it's such a natural movement now that I forget that I would normally be scrolling around on a mouse pad... Another benefit is the mouse sits on top of my Wacom tablet, so I can switch back and forth between the 2 pretty easily...

Sorry I don't know of any other ways around this for you.

Rich

Ablefish
11-22-2004, 03:49 AM
F is frame selection (including component selections) and A is frame all. Those are the quick ways I zoom in and out usually.

Defonten
11-24-2004, 08:14 AM
Thank you all guys, but I am afraid methods you described are not quite what I'm lookin for. Anyways thanks for your attention!

Changeling
11-28-2004, 10:46 AM
coming from 3dsm wheel zoom is missed, initially.

you get used to dolly ( 'S' + middle ) and zoom ( 'Z' + middle / right) pretty quick.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.